Type: Full Time
Close on: 13 Jan 2023
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, humanitarian organization founded in 1956. It operates in more than 30 countries worldwide, providing assistance to refugees and internally displaced people in complex and challenging environments. DRC is the largest NGO in Denmark and an umbrella organization for 33 member organizations. Its aim is to protect and assist refugees and internally displaced people around the world.
About NGO-Economic Recovery Coordinator-Re-advertisement
DRC Iraq is looking for a skilled and visionary Economic Recovery Coordinator who will provide the Economic Recovery portfolio with excellent strategic guidance, capacity building, and technical leadership across three sub-sectors (food security, financial inclusion, and decent livelihoods), as well as promote and reinforce DRC Iraq’s leadership and expertise in developing self-reliance and resilience for conflict-, climate-, and displacement-affected effects. This position will serve as a strong representation of DRC in pertinent external forums while providing overall technical leadership and coordination to all facets of DRC’s economic recovery program in Iraq.
Also, You can apply for Harvard University Free Online Courses
The use of Market Systems Approaches (MSA) in support of developing decent and sustainable market-based programming models for employment and business support interventions, as well as more advanced program models like market systems, value chains, or business environment support and development interventions, will be a specific focus for the role. This will include the creation of strategic alliances with civil society actors and the private sector.
Additionally, climate-smart livelihoods should be included. Supporting the creation of coordinated programming for all of DRC’s primary areas of intervention in Iraq will be a secondary focus. The Head of the Programme reports to the Economic Recovery Coordinator, who collaborates closely with other technical Coordinators in the main DRC sectors of protection, humanitarian disarmament and peacebuilding, and housing and settlements.
Required Qualifications NGO-Economic Recovery Coordinator-Re-advertisement
Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Development Studies, or another relevant field
- At least five years proven and successful track record as technical advisor or project manager with strong resilience background in the field of livelihoods/economic recovery, and proven experience working in economic recovery programming in a fragile middle-income country, and preferably within a displacement setting.
- Experience in developing country-level technical economic recovery strategies and rolling them out
- Experience in implementing market systems approaches (MSA) and fostering strategic private sector engagement
- Experience in implementing the Graduation Approach, WEE, climate-resilient and advanced livelihoods
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential.
- Arabic is an asset