- Organization: IRC
- Location: United State
- Job Title: Family Reunification Specialist
- Type: Full Time
- Close on: 12 Apr 2023
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a voluntary organization that provides global humanitarian help, relief, and development. It was founded in 1933. It works in over 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities to assist those affected by humanitarian disasters in surviving, recovering, and regaining control of their lives. The International Disability Alliance lends its support to the IRC.
Also, Apply: NGO-Project Officer/Serbia/2023
About NGO-Family Reunification Specialist
The Reception and Placement (R&P) Family Reunification Specialist manages the completion and submission of family reunification applications managed by the R&P program. The Specialist identifies current customers who are qualified to make such applications and promotes the programs through community outreach. The Specialist assists customers in the preparation and submission of applications to Headquarters.
NGO-Family Reunification Specialist Responsibilities
- Participate in IRC headquarters-hosted training webinars on family reunification programs of interest, including Lautenberg applications and/or P3 AORs and/or P2 CAM AORs as needed.
- Client eligibility and program requirements are communicated to them; documentation is collected from them in order to complete applications on their behalf.
- Outreach throughout Stanislaus, San Joaquin, and Fresno counties as needed
- Complete applications in the IRIS database; monitor the database for updates and corrections; engage with IRC headquarters employees about any inquiries or corrections that are required.
- Track applications in order to respond to client inquiries after they have been submitted.
- Other R&P duties as assigned.
NGO-Family Reunification Specialist Requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe is required, as experience with IRIS.
- Experience in refugee resettlement or immigration; understanding of the US resettlement program and family reunification avenues preferred.
- Fluency in English required
Advantages of NGO-Family Reunification Specialist
We provide an extensive and extremely competitive set of benefits. In the United States, these benefits include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plan with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program available to our staff and their families to support counseling and ca