Type: Full Time
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian non-governmental organization established in 1946 with a mission to promote and protect the rights of people. It is headed by a five-member Commission, with one member designated as Chair and official spokesperson. NRC provides assistance, protection, and long-term solutions to displaced people.
Also, You can apply for NGO-Economic Recovery Assistant
About NGO-ICLA Technical Assistant
The assistant’s role is to assist in carrying out the ICLA program on a daily basis.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the assistant is to support the day-to-day implementation of the ICLA program.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Implement delegated and assigned tasks and activities according to the plan of action
- Ensure proper filing and archiving of the documents
- Prepare and develop progress reports as required by project management
- Ensure that the project targets beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
Required Qualifications NGO-ICLA Technical Assistant
University or diploma degree (A law degree is an advantage).
- Prior experience with a humanitarian organization or similar organizations an asset
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating with government authorities and/or building owners, and in promoting the interests of vulnerable beneficiaries before such stakeholders
Knowledge in written and spoken English, and Arabic/Kurdish