- Organization: DRC
- Location: Kandahar/Afghanistan
- Job Title: Human Resources/Admin Assitant
- Job Type: Full Time
- Close on: 19 Mar 2023
The DRC organization, also known as the Danish Refugee Council, is a non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to protecting the rights and improving the lives of refugees, internally displaced persons (IDPs), and other vulnerable populations around the world.
Founded in Denmark in 1956, DRC has since expanded its operations to over 40 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Europe. The organization’s main areas of focus include protection, emergency response, livelihoods, and advocacy.
DRC works to provide assistance and support to people affected by conflict, displacement, and other humanitarian crises by providing shelter, clean water, food, medical care, education, and other essential services. The organization also advocates for the rights of refugees and displaced persons, working with governments and other stakeholders to promote policies and practices that protect and uphold their rights.
Overall, DRC is committed to improving the lives and well-being of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations and to promoting lasting solutions to displacement and humanitarian crises.
About NGO Jobs in Afghanistan-Human Resources/Admin Assistant
The HR/Admin Assistant serves as an area or field HR focal point or point of contact under the supervision of the SSTL Line Supervisor and the HR Manager/Team Leader – Admin Technical Supervisor.
The primary goal of the HR/Admin Assistant is to make sure that the Area Office provides effective service. The HR/Admin Assistant will collaborate closely with the SSTL and HR Manager to implement HR services.
Nearly all programs and services related to an organization’s human resources are connected with the HR/Admin Assistant. Their work, which is frequently distinctly administrative in character, entails recording grievances, dismissals, absenteeism, performance reviews, and data regarding pay and benefits.
- Understand standard HR practices, policies, and procedures, take primary responsibility to run the HR functions according to the DRC-DDG Operations Handbook.
- Ensure the presence of up-to-date HR documentation and recordkeeping to ensure effective administration and information management.
- Collect HR documents and forms from newly hired employees and file the documents as required.
- Ensure new team member receives required equipment (computer, phone, desk, email addresses, Identity cards etc) on 1st day of reporting.
- Induction/onboarding; In liaison with other departments, arrange for on boarding for all newly recruited staff in their first week as per set guidelines.
- Implement policies on issues like working conditions, performance, equal opportunity, disciplinary process.
- Produce and maintain updated HR and personnel files and regularly update them in soft and hard copies.
- Scan HR related documents and archive them electronically in an organized manner.
- Ensuring good record of staff attendance sheets, leave request forms, and track staff attendance and leave records.
- Review monthly timesheets, scan, and file them electronically.
- Ensure that all staff go through a proper exit process including handover notes, completing the clearance form, completing the online exit interview form, and the exiting debrief with the line manager and update the HR Department on all exiting staff for payroll updating.
- Support DRC-DDG Mechanism to receive information or complains on misconduct and breach of code of conduct.
- Taking record of incoming and outgoing correspondences and registering them
- Office management and making sure office environment and guest houses look neat and professional.
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the supervisor relevant to the capacity and role.
NGO Jobs in Afghanistan-Human Resources/Admin Assistant Requirments
- Business administration, human resources management, or a related field-focused university degree.
- possess outstanding English and Dari/Pashto communication abilities, both verbally and in writing.
- basic proficiency in MS Office programs.
- well-planned and proactive work style.
- very driven to succeed in both academics and the workplace.
- At least one year of work experience in relevant field
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working in multi-cultural work settings.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic.
- Excellent understand of English (Communication and writing skills)
How to Apply?
Interested? After that, apply for this job by clicking the button below. All candidates must send a cover letter and an updated resume (no longer than four pages). Both have to be written in the same language as this job posting. CV-only applications won’t be taken into account.