- Organization: Islamic Relief
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Programme Manager
- Location: Bangladesh
- Close on: 20 Mar 2023
The Islamic Relief Organization (also known as Islamic Relief Worldwide) is an international humanitarian organization that provides emergency aid and long-term development programs to people in need, regardless of their race, gender, or religion. The organization was founded in the UK in 1984 and operates in over 40 countries around the world.
The Islamic Relief Organization’s work includes providing food, water, shelter, and medical care during emergencies such as natural disasters and conflicts. They also focus on sustainable development programs in areas such as education, livelihoods, and healthcare. Additionally, the organization is committed to promoting social justice and addressing poverty and inequality.
Also, Apply: for UN jobs in Pakistan-National Legal Officer
The Islamic Relief Organization operates under the principles of Islam, including the concepts of zakat (charitable giving), sadaqah (voluntary giving), and Amanah (trustworthiness). The organization is funded by donations from individuals and organizations, including Muslim and non-Muslim donors.
About NGO Jobs in Bangladesh-Programme Manager
For more than 20 years, Islamic Relief has been running the Orphan Assistance program in Bangladesh. By offering monthly financial and social support to orphan children, the initiative seeks to advance a community-based alternative care model for vulnerable orphan children. The program’s components have grown significantly over time, and an alternative livelihood model has been developed with a focus on boosting family capacity. The program is at a crucial point and needs leadership to advance it by actively participating in national and international discussions on children’s rights, showcasing IR’s effective community-based alternative care model, and influencing national policy on child care.
The department’s name has been changed to Child Rights as part of the ongoing restructuring process and in consideration of the prevalent discourses around children’s issues.
NGO Jobs in Bangladesh-Programme Manager Responsibilities
- Development and Administration of Programs 25%
- Create a solid program profile to serve as the department’s general leader for children’s rights.
- oversee the One to One Orphan Sponsorship Program and make sure the activities are carried out in accordance with the established action plan.
- Create short- and long-term action plans for the department, and see to it that they are carried out effectively.
- regular field trips, and keep an eye on the program’s progress
- encourage the creation of a strong program portfolio through discoveries and education.
- Create excellent suggestions on issues relating to children’s rights and submit them to the donor for funding.
For Seeing More Responsibilities click on This Link.
NGO Jobs in Bangladesh-Programme Manager Requirments
- Master of Social Science (MSS), Master of Development Studies (MDS), or Masters degree in any area
- 13 years or older (s)
- Age at most 57 years
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience at a similar level in Orphane & child rights
- Knowledge of strategic planning processes and theories of child-rights programming
- Capacity-building experience including training and skills development.
- Ability to work independently, function effectively as a member of a regional team, and adhere to strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to develop project proposals and concepts
- Excellent networking and partnership-building skills
- An in-depth understanding of international development and Bangladesh’s economic, social, and development context
- High level of numeracy and understanding of financial controls and procedures
- Understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of child poverty
- Research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Good communication, facilitation, and report-writing skills
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
- Strong negotiating, strategic thinking, and influencing skills
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities, and implications to community development
- Fluency in English
- Self-Development & Adaptive behavioral Skills, Mental Health Stability
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
How to Apply?
- Review job requirements: Read the job descriptions carefully to ensure that you meet the qualifications and experience required for the position.
- Prepare your application materials: Update your resume, write a cover letter that highlights your relevant experience and skills, and gather any other required documents (such as certifications or reference letters).
- Apply online: Follow the instructions in the job posting to submit your application. Islamic Relief Worldwide accepts applications online, and the application process may include answering application questions, uploading your resume and cover letter, and filling out a job application form.
- Prepare for the interview: If you’re selected for an interview, prepare by researching the organization and practicing your responses to common interview questions.
- Follow up: After the interview, send a thank-you email or note to the interviewer to express your appreciation for their time and consideration.
Remember, each organization may have its own specific application process and requirements, so it’s always a good idea to check their website or reach out to their HR department for more information. Additionally, working for Islamic Relief Worldwide may require specific skills, experience, or language abilities, so make sure to review the job description carefully and tailor your application to the position.