- Organization: DRC
- Location: Colombia
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Community Promotion Officer
- Close on: 20 Mar 2023
The DRC organization, also known as the Danish Refugee Council, is a non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to protecting the rights and improving the lives of refugees, internally displaced persons (IDPs), and other vulnerable populations around the world.
Founded in Denmark in 1956, DRC has since expanded its operations to over 40 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Europe. The organization’s main areas of focus include protection, emergency response, livelihoods, and advocacy.
DRC works to provide assistance and support to people affected by conflict, displacement, and other humanitarian crises by providing shelter, clean water, food, medical care, education, and other essential services. The organization also advocates for the rights of refugees and displaced persons, working with governments and other stakeholders to promote policies and practices that protect and uphold their rights.
Overall, DRC is committed to improving the lives and well-being of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations and to promoting lasting solutions to displacement and humanitarian crises.
About NGO Jobs in Colombia-Community Promotion Officer
The Community Promotion Officer, working closely with all the programs and under the direction of the Community Promotion Team Leader, will support the implementation of the community outreach and promotion processes in the field and in the office in accordance with the guidelines of the Economic Recovery projects (monetary transfers and livelihoods).
- Support the program’s field-level implementation in an efficient and effective manner.
- Participate in the community approach strategy that enables the project’s target population to be located in the designated work areas.
- In order to ensure the successful execution of Cash and Livelihood programs, assist the Community Promotion Team Leader in building and maintaining networks and connections with important stakeholders (including community leaders, governmental agencies, and private foundations, among others).
- Find partners and/or important players for DRC in the designated task areas to ensure proper program implementation.
- Participate in the implementation of the DRC programs’ beneficiary identification, enrollment, pre-verification, verification, post-distribution monitoring, and enrolment processes.
- Keep track of and record the needs of anyone who warrants concern locally.
- Use the stated protocols when referencing the cases that require particular protection attention that are found through community promotion efforts.
- Contribute in the creation of proposals, budgets, and monthly, quarterly, yearly, and other reports for partners and donors.
- Assure compliance with the objectives and metrics set forth in the program(s) they are actively involved in, working in tandem with the Team Leader.
- As part of the Community Promotion plan, Community Approach, engagement with communities, and information sharing, among other things, it will support the protection team.
- Inform the Community Promotion Team Leader of any mishaps, delays, or other difficulties with carrying out the activities.
- Engage in and assist the creation of educational materials and important community messages.
- Additional associated tasks that are essential for the program’s success.
NGO Jobs in Colombia-Community Promotion Officer Requirments
- a relevant undergraduate degree (such as one in political science, law, social work, psychology, or international development) or an equivalent professional certification.
- Experience working for an NGO or other nonprofit organization for at least two years in a field connected to community or social work, or humanitarian protection.
- Work with rural, urban, indigenous, or other groups in the field.
How to Apply?
- Review the job description: Click on the job title to access the job description, requirements, and application instructions. Make sure you meet the qualifications and have the necessary skills and experience before applying.
- Prepare your application: Prepare a cover letter and a CV that highlights your relevant skills and experience. Make sure to tailor your application to the specific job and organization.
- Submit your application: Follow the application instructions provided in the job description, which may include uploading your cover letter and CV, completing an online application form, or sending your application via email.
- Wait for a response: The DRC recruitment team will review your application and contact you if they want to proceed with your candidacy. Due to the high volume of applications received, it may take some time to receive a response.
- Attend an interview: If your application is successful, you may be invited to attend an interview or other assessment activities. This is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and fit with the organization.
- Receive an offer: If you are selected for the position, you will receive a job offer from DRC. You will need to review and sign the offer letter, which will include details about your salary, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Overall, applying for a job with the DRC organization involves researching the available positions, preparing a tailored application, and following the instructions provided in the job description. Good luck with your application!