- Organization: NRC
- Location: Iraq
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: ICLA Adviser
- Close on: N/A
The National Research Council (NRC) is a Canadian federal government organization responsible for providing research and development services in science, technology, engineering, and health. Its mission is to support innovation and industrial competitiveness, as well as improve the quality of life of Canadians by promoting economic growth and social development. The NRC operates 14 research centers across Canada and works closely with industry, academia, and other government agencies to promote technology transfer and knowledge exchange. The organization was established in 1916 and has played a key role in advancing Canadian research and innovation.
About NGO Jobs in Iraq-ICLA Adviser
- Lead the production and editing of information on pertinent topics, such as housing, land, and property rights for IDPs, employment legislation, and labor rights for vulnerable, conflict-affected people and households.
- To inform program growth, hold frequent reflection meetings with field employees that are informed by data and learning.
- By encouraging the creation of output and outcome level monitoring and evaluation tools, guidelines, and procedures, putting an emphasis on regular analysis and learning documentation and communication, and ensuring uniform use of ICLA tools, templates, and information across AOs, you can make sure quality controls are in place.
- Promote competent program execution at Area Offices (AOs) by enhancing project coordinators’ ability, regularly reviewing legal aid cases, and, as required, offering help to AO management with budgeting, reporting, and activity planning.
- Participate in the growth of ICLA research (development of assessment tools, coordination of collection of information from AO case files and database, research on Iraqi legal developments and documentation for children born during the conflict)
- Encourage CO and AOs to participate in digital ICLA efforts, including content reviews
- Represent NRC in appropriate venues on issues relating to documentation for at-risk and conflict-affected families as well as for children who are not in school, particularly with national authorities and funders.
- whatever additional work that the line manager requests that is related to the role.
NGO Jobs in Iraq-ICLA Adviser Requirments
- Knowledge of methodologies related to legal assistance provided to displaced persons
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior-level operational management or technical support position in legal programming
- Bilingual fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal
How to Apply?
- Click on the “Apply” button to start the application process. You will be required to create an account on the NRC website or sign in if you already have an account.
- Fill in your personal details, work experience, education, and skills in the online application form. You may also be required to attach your CV and cover letter.
- Review your application to ensure all the information is accurate and complete.
- Click on the “Submit” button to send your application to NRC.
- If your application is shortlisted, you may be contacted for an interview or an assessment.
Note that the recruitment process may vary depending on the job position and location. It’s also important to read and understand the job advertisement before applying to ensure you meet the requirements and can fulfill the responsibilities of the role.