- Organization: ICDDRB
- Location: Bangladesh
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Medical Technologist
- Close on: 9 Mar 2023
The International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh (icddr,b) is an international research organization based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was founded in 1960 to address the high incidence of diarrheal disease in the region and has since become a global leader in public health research and innovation.
The organization’s research focuses on improving the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases, including diarrheal diseases, tuberculosis, and HIV/AIDS. icddr,b also conducts research on nutrition, maternal and child health, and non-communicable diseases.
Also, Apply: UN Careers-Tally Assistant
In addition to research, icddr,b also operates a hospital in Dhaka that provides treatment and care for patients with infectious diseases. The organization also provides training and capacity-building programs for healthcare professionals and researchers from around the world.
icddr,b is committed to advancing public health in Bangladesh and other developing countries through research, innovation, and collaboration. The organization’s work has had a significant impact on global health, and its research has contributed to the development of effective interventions for infectious diseases that have saved countless lives.
About NGO Jobs in-Medical Technologist
In accordance with the policies/SOP of the Laboratories, organizational values, and guidelines, the Medical Technologist will report to the Head of the Clinical Microbiology and Immunology Lab and be in charge of organizing, planning, and carrying out laboratory tests with the goal of generating knowledge. He or she will participate in
- Perform microbiology and molecular techniques for isolation and identification of microbial pathogens;
- Maintain stock inventory for all consumable supplies;
- Perform routine laboratory experiments; i.e. decontamination and processing of biological specimens, Microscopy, culture on Solid and liquid media, drug susceptibility testing (DST), Media preparation, separation of plasma, serum, and PBMC, DNA extraction and PCR, Molecular typing;
- Prepare different reagents, and isolate storage independently in accordance with the approved SOP;
- Conduct maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment for their optimum operation and perform minor troubleshooting.
NGO Jobs in-Medical Technologist Requirments
- 3 years Diploma/BSC in Medical Laboratory Technology;
- At least 2-years relevant experience in ISO certified lab.
How to Apply?
- Review job requirements: Before applying for a job, make sure you review the job requirements carefully. This will help you determine if you meet the qualifications for the job.
- Prepare your application: When you find a job vacancy that you are interested in, prepare your application. This will typically include a cover letter and resume/CV. Be sure to tailor your application to the specific job requirements.
- Submit your application: Once you have prepared your application, submit it through the UN Careers Portal. You can also track the status of your application through the portal.
- Wait for a response: The UN receives a large number of applications for each job vacancy, so it may take some time for you to hear back about your application. Be patient and check the status of your application regularly on the UN Careers Portal.