- Organization: IRC
- Location: Pakistan/Germany
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Program Development
- Close on: 31 Jul 2023
IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat, which is an online chat protocol that was first developed in 1988. IRC allows users to join chat rooms and communicate with others in real-time via text messages.
IRC is not a centralized organization, but rather a decentralized network of servers and users around the world. Anyone can set up their own IRC server and create their own channels or join existing ones.
IRC is still used today by many communities, particularly in open-source software development and online gaming communities. IRC clients are available for various platforms, including web browsers, desktop applications, and mobile devices.
About NGO Jobs in Pakistan-Program Development Advisor
In accordance with IRC’s business development strategy, the Program Development Advisor (PDA), Asia will assist country programs in pursuing financing opportunities. From opportunity identification to contract signing, support will be provided during all stages of the business development process, including pre-positioning, partnership building, proposal writing, and due diligence. The chosen candidate will have a proven track record of working with a variety of multilateral and bilateral donors (such as USAID, the US Department of State, FCDO, the EU and DG ECHO, GFFO, BMZ, Sida, SDC, the World Bank, etc.) on new funding opportunities in humanitarian and international development. They will also have experience working with regional partner organizations.
In the Asia region of the IRC, which includes programs in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Burma, Pakistan, the Philippines, and Thailand, the PDA will support institutional donors’ business development efforts. Applicants with substantial expertise in the region who are citizens of these nations are especially invited to apply.
NGO Jobs in Pakistan-Program Development Advisor Requirments
- Knowledge of the proposals and strategies of important governmental/statutory donors from the US, UK, EU, Germany, Scandinavia, etc.
- knowledge of creating and promoting development and humanitarian proposals for NGOs
- Understanding of working with and assisting national and local partners
- Budgeting experience for proposals
- German fluency is a bonus, but English fluency is necessary.
How to Apply?
- Review the job description: Read the job description carefully to understand the responsibilities, requirements, and qualifications for the position.
- Prepare your resume and cover letter: Tailor your resume and cover letter to the job description and highlight your relevant skills and experience. Make sure your resume is up to date and error-free.
- Submit your application: Submit your application according to the instructions provided. This may include submitting your resume and cover letter online or sending it by email or postal mail.
- Follow up: If you don’t hear back from the employer within a week or two, follow up with a polite email or phone call to inquire about the status of your application.
- Prepare for an interview: If you are invited for an interview, prepare by researching the company, practicing common interview questions, and dressing professionally.
- Attend the interview: Show up on time for the interview, bring any requested documents, and answer the interviewer’s questions honestly and thoughtfully.
- Follow up after the interview: After the interview, send a thank-you note or email to the interviewer to express your appreciation for the opportunity and reiterate your interest in the position.