- Organization: IRC
- Location: UK
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Tite: Digital Content & Campagin Manager
- Close on: 31 Mar 2023
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian organization that provides assistance to people affected by conflict and disaster around the world. Founded in 1933, the IRC works in over 40 countries to deliver lifesaving aid, rebuild communities, and empower individuals to regain control of their lives. The organization’s programs focus on areas such as health, education, economic recovery, and protection for vulnerable populations. The IRC is committed to helping people achieve self-sufficiency and providing long-term solutions to humanitarian crises.
Also, Apply: NGO jobs in UK-Senior Officer, Program Safeguarding
About NGO Jobs in the UK -Digital Content & Campaign Manager
The Digital Content and Campaign Manager is a highly creative position that is part of the Digital Engagement team and supports the IRC’s goals for external relations by assisting in raising the organization’s visibility, sway, and fundraising in the UK. This position oversees the development of client-focused digital content for the UK market’s organic channels and actively participates in the execution of IRC campaigns around the world. By creating digital content and compelling narrative for usage on a variety of platforms, such as the website and social media, the job is responsible for developing and engaging a target audience (mainly consumers).
The position works closely with the UK Programmes team to make sure that our storytelling always puts our refugee clients first. The IRC’s DEI goals are promoted by the Digital Content and Campaign Manager through client-led storytelling, who constantly seeks out fresh approaches to engage audiences and stay on the cutting edge of technology.
- Support UK digital content strategy with multi-media content focused on UK client storytelling and planned campaigns for digital channels including producing videos, organising content shoots and writing web content.
- Lead on story-spotting, digital content collection, interviewing, storytelling and production for UK programmes which meet donor requirements and supports IRC UK’s strategy to grow digital audiences, and raise awareness for our work in the UK.
- Train and upskill refugee and asylum-seeking clients to become storytellers and content creators for digital channels to centre client voices and further our DEI goals.
- Work with the UK RAI programmes team to gather stories, managing their communications budget to produce content that meets donor requirements.
- Collaborate on UK campaigns with fundraising/advocacy/media and programme colleagues to find opportunities to highlight UK clients within key moments while also advancing digital reach, growth and engagement goals.
- Lead and collaborate on global campaign moments, working with digital colleagues in other markets during campaigns such as the IRC’s Emergency Watchlist report, World Refugee Day and International Women’s Day. Lead brainstorms, develop ideas for content and digital distribution (including partners to maximise reach), create digital campaign strategies, write creative briefs and oversee production / directly create content.
- Spot opportunities on socials, in pop culture, and in the humanitarian sphere for reactive content. Pitch and develop creative approaches for engaging audiences by tapping in via the IRC’s digital channels.
- Coordinate external production with creative agencies, freelance photographers and videographers
- Work closely with the Mass Markets Fundraising team on digital content outputs – with a focus on content for UK digital channels and for the retention of supporters (through email marketing)
- Work closely with global digital colleagues to amplify UK clients and stories in global campaigns
- Work closely with UK Advocacy colleagues where digital content and campaigns can support influence and profile goals.
- Partner with Creative Studio team to ensure all content adheres to the IRC’s best practice and design, in particular for key campaigns. Ensure content production follows established processes and is faithful to the IRC’s brand.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the creative outputs of our sister organisations, as well as digital trends outside of the sector.
- Partner with Finance and HR on procurement processes and onboarding freelancers and agencies.
NGO Jobs in the UK -Digital Content & Campaign Manager Requiments
- Outstanding creative talent with demonstrated expertise in visual design for digital platforms and video editing (using programs like Adobe Premier Pro, Photoshop, and XD) and a solid grasp of branding and messaging.
- Good talents in writing, editing, and proofreading; excellent at crafting clear, compelling material that is free of jargon for a variety of channels
- Experience working at a creative agency, sister organisations or related in content production
- Demonstrable experience in a content creation role such as journalism, digital marketing, advertising, copywriting or campaigns or degree in a relevant related subject
- Experience in analysing and sharing data to inform content strategies
- Desirable: Experience working with people with lived experience of displacement and/or trauma
- Experience of managing digital channels and understanding of digital landscape in the UK
- Experience conducting interviews to be used cross digital channels
How to Apply?
- Review the job description, requirements, and qualifications to ensure that you meet the criteria for the position.
- Prepare your resume, cover letter, and any other supporting documents required for the job application.
- Click on the “Apply” button for the job you are interested in.
- Create an account or log in to your existing account.
- Complete the online application form, including uploading your resume and cover letter.
- Submit your application and wait for a response from the IRC.
The specific application process may vary depending on the position and location. It’s important to carefully read and follow the instructions provided on the job posting. Good luck with your job search!