- Organization: IRC
- Location: United State
- type: Full Time
- Job Title: Afghan Success Coach
- Close on: 3 May 2023
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid organization that responds to and helps to rebuild communities affected by conflict, war, and natural disasters. The organization was founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein and has since provided assistance to millions of people around the world.
The IRC works in more than 40 countries and provides a range of services, including emergency relief, healthcare, education, and protection for women and children. The organization also works to promote human rights and advocate for refugees and displaced persons.
The IRC is known for its expertise in responding to crises and its commitment to providing long-term support to affected communities. The organization has won numerous awards for its work, including the Nobel Peace Prize in 1938.
About NGO Jobs in USA-Afghan Success Coach
Under the auspices of the Integration Department, the Afghan Youth Mentoring program will offer cohort seminars, individual financial coaching, and support in locating community resources to Afghan women between the ages of 18 and 24 throughout the year. Additionally, it will provide cohort members with ESL instruction and leadership training within their financial means. These services will aid recently arrived refugee and immigrant kids in successfully adjusting to life in Southern California by helping them gain a better understanding of the country’s financial system, develop a solid set of financial habits, and create strong ties among themselves.
The Afghan Success Coach will organize in-person activities at IRC-Glendale LA’s office and engage in community outreach to find up to 26 cohort members for the nine-month program. Additionally, they will serve as a liaison for financial services from IRC’s Center for Economic Opportunity, a CDFI lender that offers low-interest consumer loans to people with weak credit, and will facilitate weekly workshops and once-monthly 1:1 financial coaching sessions with each cohort member. This full-time post has a one-year fixed-term contract with the possibility of extension if money is obtained to continue the program.
NGO Jobs in USA-Afghan Success Coach Requirments
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in psychology, social work, or a related field of study; alternatively, relevant real-world experience or job experience in social services may be replaced.
- Experience in teaching, tutoring, mentoring or similar, is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Word and Excel.
How to Apply?
- Create an account: If you haven’t already, create an account on the IRC Careers website. You will need to provide your personal information, including your name, email address, and password.
- Fill out the application form: Complete the online application form, providing your personal information, education, work experience, and other relevant details. You may also need to upload your resume and cover letter.
- Submit your application: Review your application and make sure that all the information is accurate and complete. Click on “Submit” to send your application to the IRC recruitment team.
- Follow-up: You can check the status of your application by logging into your account on the IRC Careers website. If you are selected for an interview, the IRC recruitment team will contact you directly.
Note: IRC also has a program called the “IRC Global Talent Pool”, which is an ongoing recruitment initiative that allows interested individuals to submit their profiles and resumes for consideration for future job openings. You can submit your profile through the IRC website.