- Organization: IRC
- Location: USA
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Refugee Student Support Specialist
- Close on: 15 May 2023
IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is an organization that provides a platform for real-time online chatting. It was created in 1988 by Jarkko Oikarinen, a Finnish computer scientist, and has since become a popular means of communication among people around the world. IRC operates by connecting users to servers, which in turn connect them to various channels or chat rooms where they can communicate with others who share similar interests. IRC is open-source software, which means that anyone can modify and distribute the code. The organization has a set of guidelines and rules that users must follow, including avoiding offensive or abusive language and respecting the privacy of others. Despite the rise of newer forms of online communication, IRC remains a popular platform for people who value its simplicity, speed, and ability to connect people across different geographical locations.
Also, Apply: for NGO Jobs in Nigeria-Technical Officer, Food Security, and Livelihoods
About NGO Jobs in USA-Refugee Student Support Specialist
In accordance with organizational objectives, the Refugee School Impact (RSI) Specialist coordinates and supports IRC’s refugee youth programs. Coordination of the program includes strong partnerships with neighborhood schools and community organizations, parent and whole family involvement in school-related activities, initiatives designed to remove obstacles to academic advancement for first-generation refugee youth, and programming that fosters social-emotional learning and community integration. Also, this role will collaborate closely with the state office on subcontracts with educational institutions that directly serve populations of eligible adolescents. The Education Manager is the sole recipient of the RSI Specialist’s reports.
- Through material design and partner involvement, provide resources and broaden collaborations that support the achievement of refugee students.
- To advocate for and support refugee youth, foster connections with schools and other youth service providers.
- Investigate, put into practice, and teach cutting-edge approaches to working with at-risk adolescents.
- Maintain data and reports that demonstrate the implementation of quality practices and the achievement of program objectives.
- act as a hub in the neighborhood for recommendations of youth services and mainstream activities.
- Create and implement initiatives, workshops, and services that directly advance the success of refugee students, their families, and their educational institutions.
- Comply with all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
Requirements of NGO Jobs in USA-Refugee Student Support Specialist
- A bachelor’s degree is necessary, with coursework in a related discipline like education, teaching, or English language acquisition preferable.
- It is necessary to have at least one (1) year of experience working with students; experience in SEI contexts, public schools, or with ELLs is preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; bilingualism in Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, Burmese, or another language spoken by refugees or immigrants in Kansas is encouraged.
How to Apply?
- Review the job description: Once you find a job opening that interests you, carefully review the job description and requirements to ensure that you meet the qualifications.
- Prepare your application materials: Prepare a professional resume and cover letter tailored to the job you are applying for. You may also need to include a portfolio or other work samples, depending on the type of job you are applying for.
- Submit your application: Follow the instructions in the job posting to submit your application. This may involve submitting your application online, through email, or by mailing it to the company.
- Follow up: After submitting your application, follow up with the company to ensure that they received it and to express your continued interest in the position. You can do this by email or phone.
It’s important to keep in mind that the application process may vary depending on the company and the job you are applying for. Be sure to read the job posting carefully and follow all instructions provided. Good luck with your job search!