- Organization: DRC
- Location: Tunisia
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Title: MELA and Grants Specialist
- Close on: 28 Mar 2023
The DRC organization, also known as the Danish Refugee Council, is a non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to protecting the rights and improving the lives of refugees, internally displaced persons (IDPs), and other vulnerable populations around the world.
Founded in Denmark in 1956, DRC has since expanded its operations to over 40 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Europe. The organization’s main areas of focus include protection, emergency response, livelihoods, and advocacy.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs in Italy-Nutrition Content Writer
DRC works to provide assistance and support to people affected by conflict, displacement, and other humanitarian crises by providing shelter, clean water, food, medical care, education, and other essential services. The organization also advocates for the rights of refugees and displaced persons, working with governments and other stakeholders to promote policies and practices that protect and uphold their rights.
Overall, DRC is committed to improving the lives and well-being of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations and to promoting lasting solutions to displacement and humanitarian crises.
About NGO Jobs-MEAL and Grants Specialist
In order to ensure the best program delivery and accountability to helped populations, lead and coordinate the creation and implementation of DRC Tunisia-Algeria Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning tools and processes.
Lead and oversee the creation of future concept notes and proposal submissions, and examine all required reports before submitting them to donors.
Ensure that the Tunisia Algeria coordination office complies with DRC operational criteria, country and regional grant management guidelines, and donor laws and regulations.
This position will help to create national strategies, which are then turned into daily tasks and action plans. The position supervises the standard of activities while providing support and/or technical direction to country base operations. Your primary tasks and obligations will be:
- Creating log frames and MEAL plans in search of highly successful and affordable program tactics and activities is their responsibility.
- Project setup meetings for the purposes of highlighting cross-project components, reviewing progress, and closing down projects in order to reinforce synergies between projects or programs and replicate successful methods.
- Create and maintain global log frames for all programs, and in line with DRC’s global &E plan, create country-level quality indicators.
- Coordinate collaborative cross-sectoral evaluations, baseline and follow-up research, etc.
- Create an accountability strategy that is continually updated, and take the lead in implementing program-wide feedback and complaint methods.
- Make sure that DRC team members are actively involving beneficiary communities as equal participants in the design, monitoring, and assessment of DRC initiatives. This will help to ensure accountability, specifically to beneficiaries and in accordance with international standards.
- Facilitate the creation of suitable monitoring, tracking, and reporting tools, templates, and systems that improve program output and quality monitoring, produce high-quality proof of program outcomes, and encourage and assure the use of data in decision-making processes.
- Create and enhance mechanisms that enhance DRC’s capacity to assess, enhance, and communicate impact both internally and externally, but especially to communities.
- From the creation of ToRs to advising management on the approval of the final report to the dissemination of the evaluation, design and manage evaluations in accordance with the DRC evaluation policy.
NGO Jobs-MEAL and Grants Specialist Requirments
- a master’s degree in business administration, project management, international relations, or a field of study similarly related to the position
- a track record of success dealing with the requirements of many donors, including the EU and UN organizations.
- Full professional proficiency in English
How to Apply?
- Review the job description: Click on the job title to access the job description, requirements, and application instructions. Make sure you meet the qualifications and have the necessary skills and experience before applying.
- Prepare your application: Prepare a cover letter and a CV that highlights your relevant skills and experience. Make sure to tailor your application to the specific job and organization.
- Submit your application: Follow the application instructions provided in the job description, which may include uploading your cover letter and CV, completing an online application form, or sending your application via email.
- Wait for a response: The DRC recruitment team will review your application and contact you if they want to proceed with your candidacy. Due to the high volume of applications received, it may take some time to receive a response.
- Attend an interview: If your application is successful, you may be invited to attend an interview or other assessment activities. This is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and fit with the organization.
- Receive an offer: If you are selected for the position, you will receive a job offer from DRC. You will need to review and sign the offer letter, which will include details about your salary, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Overall, applying for a job with the DRC organization involves researching the available positions, preparing a tailored application, and following the instructions provided in the job description. Good luck with your application!