- Organization: IRC
- Location: Kenya /Nigeria
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Researcher, Education
- Close on: 1 Sep 2023
IRC stands for International Rescue Committee, which is a global humanitarian organization that provides assistance to refugees, displaced persons, and vulnerable communities affected by conflicts and disasters around the world.
The IRC was founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein to help refugees fleeing Nazi Germany. Since then, it has expanded its reach to provide aid in more than 40 countries worldwide. Its work includes providing emergency assistance such as shelter, food, and water; delivering healthcare services; promoting education; and supporting economic recovery and development.
Also, Apply-UN Careers-Technical Advisor, Livelihoods
The organization is headquartered in New York City and has offices and operations in countries such as Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia, and Uganda, among others. The IRC is funded by governments, private donors, and institutions, and is led by President and CEO David Miliband.
About NGO-Researcher, Education
To improve the IRC’s research on education, we are looking for an experienced researcher to join the Airbel Impact Lab and collaborate closely with the Education Unit. In this role, you will support various education research projects with technological research. The education research portfolio now includes over 30 ongoing studies in 15 crisis- and conflict-affected nations, such as:
- USAID’s Improving Learning Outcomes for Asia (ILOA) in Asia
- FCDO’s Education Research in Contexts of Conflict and Crisis (ERICC) in Nigeria, Bangladesh, South Sudan, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria.
- Lego’s PlayMatters in Uganda, Ethiopia, and Tanzania
The Researcher, Education will oversee new and ongoing research projects across the IRC’s Education portfolio, develop and submit proposals around the priority research questions of the IRC, collaborate with technical units and country teams to support evidence-based programming, and lead field-based research on education programs.
NGO-Researcher, Education Requirments
- MA or Ph.D. in education, economics or a related field.
- High level of experience and knowledge of statistical skills, and ability to accurately interpret research findings from studies using causal inference research and multi-level modeling, using software such as Stata or MPlus.
- knowledge of qualitative research techniques and tools, such as NVivo, AtlasTi, or Dedoose.
- a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in related practice or research in education.
- Very desirable experiences in systems-level research and/or political economy analysis.
- Fluency in English is a must; additional fluency in French, Arabic, Spanish, or Swahili is preferred.