- Organization: IRC
- Location: United States
- Type: Full Time
- Job title: Resettlement Caseworker
- Close on: 7 Apr 2023
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a voluntary organization that provides international help, relief, and development. It aims to assist those affected by humanitarian disasters in surviving, recovering, and rebuilding their lives in more than 40 countries and 28 American cities. The IRC was established at Albert Einstein’s request and aids those who are displaced due to war, persecution, or natural disaster.
Also, Apply: the UN Online Volunteer Program 2023
About NGO-Resettlement Caseworker/Unites States/2023
In accordance with the IRC’s Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Department of State, the caseworker serves as the primary point of contact for clients on the resettlement team clients and offers direct Reception and Placement (RP) services to recently arrived refugees, Special Immigrant Visa-holders (SIVs), and parolee families. They will make sure that every client receives core services from airport pickup to 90 days after arrival with the help of case specialists, and that clients are referred to other IRC programming as necessary.
NGO-Resettlement Caseworker/Unites States/2023 Responsibilities
- greeting designated customers at the airport.
- Work together with your clients’ US-based connections to arrange welcome families.
- providing direct core services in accordance with the Cooperative Agreements’ donor standards.
- This involves assembling paperwork, arranging medical appointments, SSA, DSHS, etc. appointments, and maintaining regular contact with clients to address general resettlement concerns. coordinating with the entire resettlement team to guarantee the provision of basic services
- Other resettlement personnel, such as housing specialists, cultural orientation providers, job training, and employment employees, among others, coordinate the provision of specialized services.
- Using the Sing Integra system, you can keep track of your expenses for specific clients.
- Writing case notes and keeping track of clients’ progress with ETO case management software
- Provide trauma-informed services to all RP families.
- Attend team and office meetings, take part in group team and office initiatives, and follow all IRC and regional office rules and regulations.
NGO-Resettlement Caseworker/Unites States/2023 Requirments
- social work or a related discipline as a major, or comparable experience
- the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in social work or a related discipline
- Experience working with refugees and/or immigrants can be substituted for life experience; cross-cultural or international experience is acceptable.
- Speaking and writing English fluency is preferred, as well as professional skills in any pertinent languages (such as Dari, Pashto, Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Tigrinya, Arabic, Ukrainian, or Russian).