- Organization: IRC
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Short-Term Services Caseworker
- Location: United State
- Close on: 17 Apr 2023
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a voluntary organization that provides international help, relief, and development. It assists those affected by humanitarian disasters in more than 40 countries and 28 US cities in surviving, recovering, and rebuilding their lives. IRC also offers assistance to people with disabilities.
About NGO-Short-Term Services Caseworker
For IRC clients and the Spokane refugee community, this function is in charge of coordinating services and referrals to make sure their needs are quickly identified and met and that they can get access to community assistance. The Expert will conduct workshops to build community capacity that assists communities of refugees in preparing and submitting applications for public benefits.
- help in delivering all-encompassing services to IRC clients who require aid using American systems.
- help IRC customers enroll in social programs they are qualified for, such as the Housing Stabilization Services program, SNAP utility assistance, and other social programs.
- keep solid connections with the public assistance programs, especially the DSHS’s focal points
- Help clients overcome obstacles to receiving services.
- Identify and address impediments that client communities confront with the help of the office and project leadership.
- Have regular meetings with your supervisor to discuss training, and office work, and to give and receive feedback.
- Effectively collaborate with coworkers and partner businesses to promote a great case management experience.
- Make sure that the reporting and case file management requirements are followed.
- This comprises maintaining hard copy and/or electronic information on a regular and timely basis in accordance with donor financing standards.
- Attend all program meetings, staff development events, and other assignments.
- Respect client confidentiality, and adhere to all agency policies, procedures, and protocols.
NGO-Short-Term Services Caseworker Requirments
- a High School diploma or GED, with a Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional experience preferable.
- Experience in community outreach.
- Strong ties to and relationships with the clients’ neighbors.
- bilingualism in a local language or languages, such as [Arabic, Swahili, Dari, Pashto, Ukrainian, Burmese, Vietnamese, or Tigrinya], as well as fluency in both spoken and written English.