|As Per Organization Salary Scale
|No. Of Jobs:
|Save the Children
|Years of Experience:
|Previous community mobilization experience and knowledge at least 1 year with NGO/INGO
|High School Graduated
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI – Afghanistan
Save the Children has worked in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Directly reports Project Coordinator, and collaborate with project team in desiging of effective community mobilization strategy, implementation and monitoring plans.
- Conduct outreach activities in the areas under coverage of the project, including community-based information giving sessions concerning the project’s activities to make sure communities are fully aware of the project’s investments and related conditions.
- Perform needs assessments, focus group discussions, awareness-raising and information sharing activities, and work closely with the project team to prepare community-based investment plans for agriculture activities and related productive investment interventions;
- Take part in the identification and selection process of the FFS & Demo sites with the regional technical team
- Mobilize and assist the CDCs and associations to actively participate in the sub-project survey, design, execution, and monitoring process and assure the target communities make contributions to the project work in a timely manner and according to a written agreement;
- help the community in gaining support through other programs likely undertaken by governmental and non-governmental organizations;
- Present mobilization and training sessions to the community according to the projects plans;
- Ensure communities maintain proper documentation of project-related activities
- Share information on successes and drawbacks with the team.
- In support from other project staff, support project location and project beneficiaries targeting strategy and criteria.
- Take part in the process of beneficiary identification and registration.
- Support implementation of project baseline, mid-term, and final evaluation.
- Assist joint monitoring visits with the government officials (Provincial/district relevant authorities) to the project sites.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning
- Facilitate project and activities information at all events such as training and workshops
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
At least high school graduated
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous community mobilization experience and knowledge at least 1 year with NGO/INGO
- Familiarity with agriculture programming
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with the staff of government institutions, and communities.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) in local languages, people skill for conflict resolution and negotiation;
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by sending the below documents mentioning the position title and vacancy number (KDR 0050-22) in the subject of their email before closing date 04-Feb-2023
* Letter of Interest and Update CV as a single document
* SCI application
- Save the Children International provides an equal employment opportunity and does not ask for money at any stage of recruitment.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse