- Organization: IRC
- Location: USA
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Tax Specialist
- Close on: 26 Mar 2023
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a voluntary organization that provides international help, relief, and development. It assists those affected by humanitarian disasters in more than 40 countries and 28 American cities in surviving, recovering, and rebuilding their lives. The IRC Way is a multilingual document that defines the ideals of the organization. Its objectives for power include establishing a just society where everyone may prosper.
Also, you can apply for NGO-Deputy Director of Programs
About NGO-Tax Specialist/USA/2023
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Tax Specialist supports the coordination and day-to-day management of the IRC’s VITA program at one of its locations (City Heights, Mission Gorge, El Cajon). The IRC’s VITA program provided free tax preparation assistance to over 2,000 individuals and families in 2021. Through these programs, low-income communities received tax returns totaling over $4 million. The post is full-time and temporary from October 2022 to April 2023.
Required Qualifications of NGO-Tax Specialist/USA/2023
undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or a comparable profession; or a combination of relevant job experience and education that equates to the same number of years;
- Experience in a non-profit organization preferred;
- Excellent customer service skills, including experience working with a diverse client base;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make presentations as well as the ability to supervise a large, diverse group of volunteers;
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail;
- High level of computer literacy; familiarity with TaxSlayer software highly preferred;
- A high level of comfort, functioning, and effectiveness in multicultural and multi-disciplinary teams
Proficiency in a second language (Spanish, Arabic, Farsi, or another high-demand language) is strongly preferred.