- Organization: IRC
- Location: USA
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Youth Success Specialist
- Close on: 12 Apr 2023
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a nongovernmental organization that provides international help, relief, and development. It assists those affected by humanitarian disasters in more than 40 countries and 28 American cities in surviving, recovering, and rebuilding their lives. The International Red Cross (IRC) was established in 1933 as the American Red Cross Refugee Committee and has bases in both the United States and Europe.
About NGO-Youth Success Specialist
The Youth Success Specialist supports the academic success and social integration of young refugees and asylees who have recently arrived. The Refugee Youth Mentorship Project (RYMP) is being implemented with the help of the Youth Success Specialist, who offers individualized case management assistance to youth now enrolled in Saturday and after-school programs. To define goals and create individual action plans, the role works closely with children, their families, their instructors, and their counselors.
NGO-Youth Success Specialist Responsibilities
- Develop individualized learning programs with high school students in one-on-one sessions. Check in with pupils frequently to assess their development through after-school and weekend activities or home visits.
- Ensure that case files for students are compliant with grant criteria by maintaining up-to-date case notes and service plans.
- accompanying students to meetings with teachers and counselors and acting as an advocate for them when necessary
- Lead community outreach to find opportunities and outside services to help students move closer to their objectives
- To provide secure and effective learning environments, help enforce program expectations and adhere to program procedures.
- Find chances for mentoring high school students individually or in groups by working with colleagues.
- Revise mentor training materials and tools, including suggested activities.
- Plan activities for groups that include both mentors and mentees.
- Supervise interns or other volunteers with the Refugee Youth Mentorship Program.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
NGO-Youth Success Specialist Requirments
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- prior working knowledge of classroom and educational environments and kids.
- working knowledge of several cultures.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken