|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||Based on DRC Salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|City:||Kabul Kabul Area Office with and travel to several DRC-HDP operation locations or provinces of Afghanistan|
|Organization:||Danish Refugee Council|
|Years of Experience:||Minimum three years of De-mining (Mine/ERW clearance experience).|
About Danish Refugee Council:
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunities for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, and participation.
ABOUT THE JOB
The overall purpose of the role:
The overall role of the NTS/EORE team leader conducting an NTS survey and collect updated and reliable information about EO suspected hazardous areas (MF and BF), particularly focusing on areas where the HDP program has clearance operation in the future.
Oversee activities of EORE instructors in the team to ensure the RE sessions are going as per the SOP.
He / She shall not be directly involved with the removal or clearance of hazards from EO.
- The NTS & RE TL shall have a strong background in the survey and will ideally have been involved in conducting a polygon survey/a Non-Technical Survey.
- The survey/EORE team leader should lead or deliver the Explosive Ordnance Risk Education (EORE) sessions to the community and an area where people are at high risk according to the work plan.
- Before any Survey/EORE team deploys, the Survey/EORE team leader shall ensure to have the information specific to the district is provided by the AO and HDP operation department.
- Direct supervision of the Survey/EORE team in an operational site.
- Obtain appropriate communication of surveys/EORE activities with official government bodies (Government /Police/Military) and any other stakeholders.
- Conduct QA/QC checks of the Survey/EORE team staff performance/product daily as described in QA/QC SOP.
- Be aware of the security alerts and evacuation routes in case of security collapse in the area of operations. Establish an evacuation plan.
- Be responsible for teams’ technical equipment, inventory transportation, and safety of survey/EORE teams.
- Be responsible for overall technical/operational management and radio communications issues by DRC HMA SOPs at the operational site and within the area of responsibility.
- Control quality and quantity of survey/EORE work in the field and make sure that all the activities are according to the plan and SOP.
- Oversee activities of EORE instructors to ensure the RE sessions are going as per guidelines, SOP and the assigned work plan
- Collect data from the EORE instructors about EO information and EO accidents, review the reports and submit them to the RE Officer.
- Follow up with the EORE instructors to ensure the EORE training material is in good condition and that enough EORE material is available for distribution during the sessions.
- Establish and maintain a strong liaison with local authorities and the community during the operation and specifically inform all relevant communities and authorities before starting the actual NTS/EORE activities on the ground.
- Maintain good discipline within the team during the operation and when they stay in the field camp.
- Control the working condition of equipment of survey/EORE materials for any damages and see to replacements if necessary.
- Keep a record of daily, weekly, and monthly NTS/EORE activities.
- Collect the pre-post forms as per the guideline and assigned targets and ensure SADD data collection.
- Prepare the EORE monthly progress report using predesigned IMSMA forms and report to the RE Officer at the end of each month.
- Maintain close contact and coordination of activities with the DRC-HDP Sur/EOD teams, if applicable.
- Report to DMAC on any newly discovered mine accidents, incidents, SHAs, mines, and EOs through the site operation officer.
- Conducting impact monitoring according to the plan, filling the forms and reporting it in a time base to the Operation Officer and RE Specialist.
- Respond to the EO survivors by collecting the EO reports through the DRC Emergency Victim Assistance (EVA) program.
- Be responsible for the conduct of work of the driver assigned to NTS/EORE team.
- Undertake any other tasks as ordered by the Operation Officer, EORE officer, and HDP Team leader in the area.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the DRC salary scale
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum three years of De-mining (Mine/ERW clearance experience).
- Minimum two years of NTS experience in the TL position
- 1-year EORE experience.
- Should have good communication and report-writing skills.
- High School
- Should have the team leader course certificate.
- Basic management course
- TS and NTS course certificates
- EORE course certificates.
- Pashto and Dari –fluency
- English – basic
- Able to use the computer programs such as (DOS. Windows, Word, MS, and Excel)
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking the below link.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV-only applications will not be considered.