- Reference Code: VN-25/2023/S – BD1 Position Title: Operations Assistant
- Duty Station: Dhaka, Bangladesh Estimated Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Classification: G-4 (UN Salary Scale)
- Unit: Migration Data and Research (MDR)
- Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term
- General Functions:
- Under overall supervision of Deputy Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Head of Migration Data and Research unit and in close coordination with the Senior Regional Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Project Manager in IOM`s Global Data Institute (GDI), the incumbent will support the implementation of projects under the unit including DTM REMAP (II). The incumbent will be requested to perform the following tasks:
- Provide support to data collection operations under migration data and research unit including DTM REMAP II project.
- Support the identification, recruitment, and training of enumerators and key informants, and regularly monitor data collection methods and quality of collected data.
- Travel to areas of operation in Bangladesh to support the harmonization of relevant data collection tools and practices, and to build capacities of enumerators and key informants implementing DTM activities.
- Support the field operation planning including data collection scheduling, master list monitoring and related administrative procedures for data related interventions including DTM REMAP II.
- Support the regular update and improvement of DTM activities in relation to the evolving situation and operations in the field.
- Regularly monitor data collection activities, conduct quality control checks to identify errors, and provide feedback to staff and other departments for necessary improvement and adherence to IOM and DTM guidelines.
- Contribute to regular reporting on and dissemination of information gathered through data related activities in Bangladesh.
- Comply with relevant IOM policies, especially on Data Protection and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) standards on data and information security.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Exploitation (PSEA) and ensure mainstreaming of PSEA in DTM operations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Statistics, migration studies, data science, law, political science, or related field.
- At least 2 year(s)
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in data collection and/or information management activities, preferably with an international or intergovernmental organization working on issues related to migrants and vulnerable populations in Bangladesh.
- Experience in managing a large team of field enumerators is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of UN system would be an advantage.
- For all applicants, fluency in Fluency in English is required. is required (oral and written)
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Published on: 6 Mar 2023
Vacancy: Not specific
Employment Status: Contractual
Experience: At least 2 year(s)
Job Location: Dhaka
Application Deadline: 19 Mar 2023
Quick links for this job
এই চাকরির জন্য বিজ্ঞাপন দাতা প্রতিষ্ঠান আপনার কাছ থেকে কোন অর্থ চাইলে অথবা কোন ধরনের ভুল বা বিভ্রান্তিকর তথ্য দিলে অতি সত্ত্বর আমাদেরকে জানান অথবা জবটি রিপোর্ট করুন।