- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: Consultancy – Consultant – Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Communication and Public Information
- Design (digital, product, graphics or visual design)
- Closing Date: 2023-03-27
The Communication & Advocacy section would like to engage, through consultancy contracts, a roster of photographers/videographers who will be available at short notice to undertake field visits to produce multimedia contact and are able to deliver on tight deadlines.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Hero
How can you make a difference?
- Provision of high-quality photo coverage of UNICEF programmes, activities and events, in addition to other photo assignments, essays and projects based on needs and workplans.
- It is the responsibility of the service provider to ensure that all permissions are in place for the photographers within their employ. Female photographers are an asset.
- All photography assignments shall be delivered with full captions and UNICEF consent forms. Photos delivered without captions will not be accepted.
- Per day, photography assignments, are assumed to produce between 40 -50 high quality, edited photographs.
- Video content gathering:
- Filming of high-quality b-roll and interview coverage of UNICEF programmes, activities and events, in addition to other assignments and projects based on needs and workplans.
- It is the responsibility of the service provider to ensure that all permissions are in place for the videographers working within their employ. Female videographers are an asset.
- B-roll and interviews shall be delivered as compiled, clean, colour-corrected, broadcast quality files. Separate uploaded clips will not be accepted.
- All b-roll and interview assignments shall be delivered with timecoded shot-lists with transcribed and translated interviews, where applicable, in addition to signed UNICEF consent forms from interview subjects.
- Video post-production services:
Where needed, editing and post-production services (including basic graphics, sound mixing, colour correction, etc.) to produce edited video packages in the UNICEF ‘house style’ of UNICEF programmes, activities and events, in addition to other assignments and projects based on needs and workplans
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
UNICEF Afghanistan seeks to hire a roster of highly qualified Afghan photographers/videographers to support the ongoing production of compelling multimedia content (photos and videos) in support of UNICEF Afghanistan’s advocacy and donor acknowledgment efforts.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Training will be provided after selection
- Extensive experience with professional digital photography/videography with the minimum of five years’ experience
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CRITAS).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
UNICEF offers reasonable accommodation for consultants/individual contractors with disabilities. This may include, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions or personal attendants. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you need reasonable accommodation during the selection process and afterwards in your assignment.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment. It does not apply to consultants who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultancy contracts.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization’s page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.