Type: Full Time
Close on: 4 Jan 2023
In order to serve the most underprivileged children worldwide, UNICEF works in some of the most difficult environments. to protect their life. to protect their legal rights. to enable them to reach their full potential.
We strive to create a better future for everyone in 190 nations and territories by working for every child, everywhere, every day.
We also never give up.
You can apply for Chief Planning & Monitoring/Zimbabwe/2023
About Program Associate Job
- supplying information and developing specific portions of program cooperation agreements (PCAs) to aid in their development
- Making sure that government and NGO proposals and requests for direct financial transfers are recorded and processed administratively in a timely and correct manner (DCTs).
- carrying out program monitoring for funding and supplies in UNICEF priority districts, and updating team members on the situation.
- assisting with routine spot inspections of partner projects to evaluate their reporting, expense controls, and financial record-keeping procedures.
- Monitoring and keeping track of the efficient supply distribution necessary for delivering programs effectively.
- supporting the program section in doing research, gathering, and evaluating qualitative and quantitative data and information on topics pertinent to the section’s work in order to streamline the delivery of programs and the creation of reports, working papers, and presentations
- Performing transactions in VISION while verifying that program outcomes, activities, and program coding follow annual work plans (AWPs), and as appropriate, making changes and updates in accordance with section revisions.
- preparing to monitor and reporting data on predetermined performance indicators for the supervisor and team to promote more effective management and results in responsibility.\
- utilizing the appropriate means to regularly monitor the section’s budgets and financial outlays, verifying adherence to UNICEF policies and guidelines, and informing the supervisor of any necessary follow-up or decision-making steps.
- assisting in the creation of periodic or one-time financial reports for the country office and funders to aid the office in making the best use of program money.
- Supports capacity development activities related to program development by preparing training materials and participating in exercises.
Required Qualifications Program Associate Job
Education: Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
Experience: A minimum of six years of administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Prior experience in program support functions is an asset.
Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
• In-depth knowledge of the administration which underpins UNICEF country office program/project operations, including monitoring and evaluation processes.
• Strong organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills and abilities.
• High sense of confidentiality, initiative, and good judgment.
• Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Strong office management skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively manage the section’s material resources and monitor its budget.
• Good analytical skills.
• Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint