- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Suva
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-08
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Administration and Implementation of Programme and financial management strategies;
- Support to Management of the CO Programme, administration of budgets and functioning of the optimal cost recovery.
- Accounting, finance, and administrative supports.
- Effective support to the project portfolio Manager in the unit for the management of the Programme unit;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Secondary School Completion OR University Degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration. Certified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage
- 6 years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience is required with Secondary School Completion.
- 3 years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience is required with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in working with and maintaining good relations with government counterparts and programme beneficiaries (e.g.Government, development partners, CSOs and private sector representatives).
- Full proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
IMPORTANT: Any applicant considered for a UNDP finance position, who does not have degree in accounting or finance, and/or an accounting qualification, such as CA, CPA, ACCA etc., would be required to take and pass the appropriate Test to be considered for the finance position.