Job Location : Islamabad (Pakistan)
Closing soon: 7 Mar 2023
Under the guidance and supervision of the Programme Analyst – Adolescents and Youth, the position will support the AY Programme activities under DEX and NEX workplans of implementing partners (IPs) for effective planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
UNFPA’s 10th Country Programme Document (CPD- 2023-2027) envisions strengthening of the skills and opportunities for adolescents and youth to realize their sexual and reproductive health and ensure their leadership and participation in policymaking and programming. The purpose of the advertised position is to provide technical support for effective implementation of the Adolescents and Youth – SRH Programme. Primarily the position would work in close coordination with other thematic teams, operations team and support the AY-SRH unit in planning, implementation, monitoring, coordination and technical review of resources. Further details on responsibilities are mentioned below:
S/he would be responsible for:
Programme Development Implementation:
- Prepare annual workplans for AY – Programme in consultation with the IPs.
- Responsible for workplans/ budget revisions during the year in coordination with the IP, Programme Assistant – AY Programme and finance team.
- Support financial management functions for NEX/DEX workplans in consultation with the Programme Assistant, by preparing monthly/ quarterly programmatic and financial progress updates on AY-Programme including; IPs budget utilization and implementation status.
- Support with the review of communications products developed under the AY – Programme including but not limited to; videos, supplementary resources on LSBE, IEC material on AY – SRH.
- Contribute to the development of concept notes for resource mobilization/ joint programme and other technical resources developed over the period time on LSBE.
- Hold regular progress review meetings with the IPs, for identifying timely risk mitigating measures, followed by preparation and presentation of monthly programme and financial updates.
- Capturing minutes of the meetings and maintaining record for all the interactions, discussions across the teams and with external stakeholders, partner organizations, government counterparts etc.
- Work in close coordination with provincial colleagues and national/provincial IPs on promotion of effective youth participation and engagement during programme implementation cycle;
- Coordinate with SRH, Gender and Humanitarian teams, for smooth delivery of humanitarian response and early recovery initiatives with specific focus on Women and Girls Friendly Spaces; MHM in humanitarian settings etc;
Coordination and Liaison
- Facilitate regular meetings with government counterparts, development partners, IPs, academia, youth groups and civil society organizations to support programme implementation on national and provincial level;
- Undertake monitoring visits to programme/project sites, when required, and verify programme/project assets annually;
- Actively participate in various AY focused platforms/ meetings/ workshops etc., for technical inputs, creating awareness on AY priority areas and highlighting UNFPA’s contributions;
- Facilitate international mission supporting the AY-Programme, with regard to field visits (if required), coordinating with stakeholders for setting meetings/ discussions.
Monitoring and Knowledge Management
- Develop online repository of AY focused knowledge products;
- Maintain database for internal AY focused data sources in collaboration with the IPs;
- Review quarterly and annual programme progress reports of IPs and follow up for timely submission of reports with IPs;
- Responsible for developing donor’s periodic and annual progress reports, verifying MoVs’ as per the allotted deadlines;
- Maintain and update youth partners and project files;
- Facilitate programme activities, or relevant missions, by arranging meeting schedules, coordinating logistical support, collecting reference documents, and maintaining records.
- Provides assistance in organizing meetings with key stakeholders and public information events;
- Coordinate with UNFPA’s communications team for visibility of UNFPA’s Youth Programme across social media platforms;
- Support in developing success stories from the field and capturing voices from the field;
- Perform any other additional responsibility as assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s degree in public health, population, finance, economics, demography and /or another related social sciences field is preferable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in the public or private sector and programme support; with dedicated 2 years of adolescents and youth focused project;
- Knowledge of the UN system would be an advantage;
- Excellent writing/ drafting skills is mandatory, with experience writing talking points, briefing notes, programme summaries and reports;
- Ability to express clear and concise ideas and concepts in written and oral form;
- Experience in the usage of computers and oﬃce software packages, good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Proficiency in current office software applications;
- Field experience of monitoring is strongly desirable.
Fluency in Urdu and English is required. Working knowledge of other UN languages would be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity.
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system.
- Embracing cultural diversity.
- Embracing change.
- Achieving result and ensuring programme quality and impact.
- Being accountable.
- Developing and applying professional expertise.
- Thinking analytically and strategically.
- Working in teams / managing ourselves and relationships.
- Communicating for impact.
- External and internal communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
- Internal and external communication and resource mobilization.
- Creating visibility for the organization.
- Generating, managing and promoting the use of knowledge and Information.
- Building strategic alliances and partnerships.
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.