|Based on GC salary Scale
|No. Of Jobs:
|Balkh with frequent travel to Faryab, Jowzjan, Sar-e-Pol and Samangan
|Years of Experience:
|At least 4 years in a humanitarian/human rights/protection organisation working in province and districts. Experience in advocacy developing professional relationships with various stakeholder including armed actors and civil society and working in a neut
|1 Year ( Depending on Funding availability)
|Completed degree in Law, legal studies, or any relevant study field.
About Geneva Call:
In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non-State actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Under the supervision of the Project Officer, the Project assistant contributes to the operations of Geneva Call in Kunduz by supporting PO in the design and implementation and the management of humanitarian engagement related project(s) according to the programme plans, internal procedures and guidelines as well as donor requirements and security constraints. It is a national position.
Support the Project Officer in the implementation and management of project(s) following the work plan, budget(s), donor requirements, and internal procedures:
I. Planning, Coordination & Reporting
- Assist Project Officer in preparing report on all project expenses of budgets and available funding, including supporting documents;
- Support the Project officer in quality assurance of project implementation and monitoring in accordance with Geneva Call and donor work plans, budget and procedures;
- Manage safe-keeping of information and knowledge, including filing of programme documents and materials;
- Report relevant activities to PO to better encode activities reports into KOBO system;
- Assisting PO to prepare meeting minutes, field mission reports and risk assessment;
- Prepare meeting notes and documentation.
II. Communications & External relations
- Provide material (photos, videos, stories from the field) about the project and timely reports to showcase project outcomes and achievements;
- Support implementation of communications strategy including activities, campaigns, events and other initiatives.
- In coordination with the Project Officer, engage with local authorities, communities, and organizations regularly;
- Assist PO in engaging senior officials and other key stakeholders at the provincial level;
- Provide support in arranging meetings, drafting speaking points and messages for GC senior management?visiting?the province.
- Support project officer in monitoring the security situation, preparing risk assessments and suggesting mitigating measures and following up on incidents as necessary.
V. Other Duties
- Attend and represent Geneva Call as required at conferences, seminars, and other fora of interest to the organization. Under the supervision of the project officer, the Project Assistant contributes to the operations of Geneva Call in Afghanistan by assisting the PO in the implementation of project(s) according to the programme plans, internal procedures, and guidelines as well as donor requirements and security constraints. It is a national position.
Experience and education
- Completed degree in Law, legal studies, or any relevant study field.
- At least 4 years in a humanitarian/human rights/protection organisation working in province and districts.
- Experience in advocacy developing professional relationships with various stakeholder including armed actors and civil society and working in a neutral and objective manner.
- Experience with international organisations is preferred.
- Familiar with humanitarian norms, principles and expert in engagement.
- Good stakeholder management.
- Training, awareness session.
- Understand Islamic law is an asset.
- IT Tools (MS Office, Excel, email);
- Experience in reporting, monitoring and research;
- Demonstrable knowledge of issues of humanitarian affairs and humanitarian framework and capacity for in-depth analysis.
- Required: English, Dari and Pashto.
- Uzebki language is mandatory
- Understanding and respect for organizational principles, vision, mission and confidentiality;
- Strong logic and organizational skills, flexibility and adaptability to change;
- Ability to take responsibility, proactive and efficient functioning, strong communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team and multicultural environment;
- Accuracy and reliability, ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the GC Performance Management p. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position : Project Assistant
- Type of Contract: Fixed term contract, National position
- Activity rate: 100%
- Work place: Balkh with frequent travel to Faryab, Jowzjan, Sar-e-Pol and Samangan
- Preferred start date: as soon as possible