Here are the latest UN Jobs in Asia. You can apply here.
Brief Details About these UN Jobs in Asia
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: New Delhi
- Grade: Administrative support – NPSA-7, National Personnel Services Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-01-12
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in liaising with key stakeholders, coordinating with partner organizations, and tracking progress on Accelerator Lab experiments such as the blockchain for spices pilot, the Geo-AI platform for monitoring hotspots of air pollution in brick kilns, and various other accelerator labs ongoing technological pilots.
- Coordination of different efforts connected to the scaling up of Accelerator lab experiments, such as outreach and communications.
- Assist the accelerator lab in the preparation of project pitches, presentations, and outreach materials, as well as in the convening of project meetings, the preparation of background materials, and the creation of knowledge products connected to the projects.
- Assist with the upkeep of project monitoring and evaluation frameworks, as well as a wide range of project-related paperwork for current projects and experiments (Pilot project as well as Scale-up phases).
- This should be done in close collaboration with partner organizations, vendors, UNDP program teams, and the accelerator lab team to guarantee that diversity initiatives are implemented on schedule.
- Assist the accelerator lab in planning project meetings, review meetings, proposal pitches, and presentations to report on project progress.
- Conduct field research and coordination with local partners (As and when requested by the team)
Competencies of these UN Jobs in Asia
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by the deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is a pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open-minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, be aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
- Results-oriented Management: The ability to manage programs and projects with an emphasis on better performance and measurable results. investigates best practices and proposes new, more efficient methods of doing things
- Communication: The ability to communicate in a clear, succinct, and unambiguous manner, both verbally and in writing, including presentation and data visualization, in order to modify messages and pick communication techniques based on the audience. Capability to handle internal and external communications via media, social media, and other applicable channels
- Project Management: Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals; Reports to internal and external partners in a timely and appropriate fashion; Establishes, builds, and sustains effective relationships; Ability to liaise and work with people of different background; Ability to work well under pressure
- System Thinking: Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgment to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact other parts of the system coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system
Required Skills and Experiences for these UN Jobs in Asia
- Secondary Education, or
- A University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, and Social Sciences
- Secondary school for 7 years OR
- A bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant experience directing field projects, capacity building/training programs, holding project meetings, and guaranteeing multi-stakeholder discussions are necessary at the national level in innovations.
- Prior job experience managing projects including innovation
- Extensive knowledge of product, blog, and program documentation development experience.
- Experience generating project progress reports, donor reports, and monitoring and assessment reports is required.
- Work experience in the public sector/government at the national level is preferred.
- Work experience in international organizations such as the United Nations is preferred.
- Experience with either technological or economic and social development challenges, as well as capacity-building training, is desirable.
Excellent verbal and written English skills. Strong writing and reading skills in Hindi will be an added advantage of relevant experience in managing field projects, capacity building/training programs, convening project meetings, and ensuring multi-stakeholder consultations at the National level in innovations