Project Research Physician (Adv#213/2023)
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. As a values-based organization, icddrb encourages women and people with disabilities.
Environmental enteric dysfunction (EED) is a major reason of malnourishment, poor neurological development, stunting, oral vaccine failure, and infection. It is believed that EED is responsible for 40% of all childhood stunting which often begins in utero. This study is one of the first under the platform named Experimental Medicine Platform that will test whether a well-known probiotic can ameliorate maternal gut health and eventually improve the fetal growth and the overall health of the offspring.
The Project Research Physician reporting to the principal investigator will be delegated with overall clinical responsibilities that includes screening (USG based), enrollment and follow-ups of participants of the study conducted at Matlab, Chandpur.
He/She will be involved in –
- Identification of eligible pregnant women for inclusion in the study through physical and clinical (USG for gestational dating) examination;
- The project research physician should perform routine physical and clinical (USG) examinations and should timely refer complicated cases to an appropriate center;
- Follow-up as per predefined protocol to review response to intervention;
- He/she will report Serious Adverse Event;
- Supervise, guide and provide feedback on overall field activities and monitoring his/her subordinates on the process of taking physical measurements;
- Report and resolve any queries and escalate appropriate issues;
- Prepare reports and share findings with the supervisor in order to execute activities in accordance with the research protocol;
- Update supervisor on any modifiable events of participants who are included and other field activities;
- Maintain professional relationships and develop a good rapport with the Doner and other stakeholders;
- Support colleagues to build team spirit and improve the congenial working environment;
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure quality implementation and contribution to the project and organization.
Required experience and qualifications
- MBBS degree from a Medical College recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council, with one-year completed internship training with a valid BMDC registration.
- 1 year of relevant experience.
- Candidates with post-graduate training in radiology and ultrasound will be given preference.
Job Location: Matlab, Chandpur
Contract Type and duration:
- CSA basis for 4 months with a possibility of extension subject to availability of fund and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Tk.57,350/- (consolidated) per month inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances.
- Festival bonus, income tax paid by icddr,b and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test/interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- icddr,b encourages women and people with disabilities to apply.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by September 02, 2023.