WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourage qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Roster- Programme Associate (SCOPE)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Kabul, Herat, Mazar, Faizabad, Jalalabad, Kandahar
Vacancy Number: 547139
Date of Publication: 08 Mar 2023
Deadline of Application: 22 Mar 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Afghan nationals only and WFP encourages especially Afghan females and Afghans with disabilities to apply.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The hunger crisis in Afghanistan is unfolding at a rapidly, with over half the country’s population of 40 million now facing acute food insecurity—the highest number the humanitarian community has ever seen in Afghanistan. Work opportunities are shrinking, with most households now reporting just one day of work per week. This comes on top of the worst drought in years, which is especially concerning for the 85 percent of the population who rely on agriculture for livelihoods.
Preventing and mitigating a drastic increase in hunger and malnutrition is the aim of WFP in Afghanistan which can only be achieved through the scaled up and sustained complementary food security and nutrition interventions, combined with a scale-up of resilience interventions to safeguard gains. WFP has embarked on a significant month on month scale-up of its crisis response and resilience programmes across the country, ensuring that the programme is delivered at the right scale and time, targeted to the right areas. WFP is also actively following up on evolving trends to pre-empt hotspots, while guaranteeing quality and maximum impact of the programme through the monitoring of these hotspots to be able to support continued donor advocacy.
WFP Afghanistan began implementing SCOPE — WFP’s beneficiary and transfer management system in 2016. Since that time, WFP has managed to register more than two million beneficiaries with the system and implement end-to-end cash-based transfers.
With this in mind the Afghanistan CO is seeking to hire a Programme Assistant to support the use of SCOPE, WFP’s corporate beneficiary information and Transfers Management platform and provide timely support to Programme.
Based in the Field office, Programme Associate will work under the overall supervision of the Head of Field office and Head of Programme in the field office and under direct supervision of SCOPE Lead in the Field Office. The incumbent will also work in close coordination with Country Office (CO) relevant functional units particularly CO SCOPE Team. The incumbent will support WFP’s corporate beneficiary and transfer management platform- SCOPE implementation at the WFP field office level including supporting registrations, transfers management, capacity building and data quality.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
SCOPE—WFP’s Beneficiary and Transfer Management Platform:
The Programme Associate will be responsible for supporting the use and implementation of SCOPE at the Field Office level including:
- In close coordination with SCOPE Field office Lead and Country Office SCOPE teams, support SCOPE registrations and SCOPE end-to-end rollouts
- Participate in Project Technical Review Committee (PTRC) as alternate to SCOPE Programme Associate to review Cooperating Partners’ proposals for SCOPE resource allocation, provide recommendations according to standard SCOPE resources requirement and coordinate with ICT for provision of SCOPE equipment
- In coordination with Field office ICT, regularly provide SCOPE trainings to Cooperating Partners’ staff on SCOPE registrations, real-time biometric identification, data quality standards, redemptions and reconciliations
- In coordination with Field Office ICT, manage SCOPE equipment with CPs and ensure equipment are efficiently used and returned on time
- Update the SCOPE registration and equipment tracker on a weekly basis and follow-up with CPs on any delays in registrations as well as equipment delivery
- Provide support in regularly extracting error reports from SCOPE, check data quality and analyse data for fulfilment of programme information needs and exclusion of duplicate beneficiaries
- Support the deduplication focal point in resolving and actioning some cases to ensure distribution lists are duplication free
- Regularly visit SCOPE registration and redemption sites to ensure compliance with SCOPE SOPs aiming for collecting quality data and to ensure adequate beneficiary sensitization at the registration/redemption sites
- Support CBT and in-kind transfers by setting up intervention, delivery mechanisms and entitlements in SCOPE in close coordination with Field Office programme
- Regularly check SCOPE registration monitoring reports and follow-up with CPs on any issues the reports indicate
- Review Field office SCOPE user roles, ensure segregation of duties, and make recommendations to Country Office SCOPE Service Desk for granting roles
- Support the Programme associate in ensuring compliance at Field office level with WFP’s guide to personal data protection and privacy guide, Beneficiary identity management guide, and other relevant WFP policies
- Actively contribute to improvements in SCOPE standard operating procedures by sharing lessons learnt
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in the fields of business administration, public administration, computer science or any other relevant field.
- At least 6 years of experience in identity management, information management, humanitarian response or any other relevant fields
- Experience in registration of beneficiaries and familiarity with beneficiary information management systems would be an asset
- Demonstrated experience in project management, business management, and user support
- Demonstrated experience of drafting project management documents, standard operating procedures, and project implementation plans
Knowledge and Skills:
- Possession of combination of broad business skills coupled with familiarity with management information systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills Experience working in a United Nations agency, and preferably with WFP.
- Field experience in Afghanistan.
- Computer skills in Word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, typing English/Pashto/Dari
- Ability to write and speak in English, as well as Pashto and Dari
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at email@example.com to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization’s page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.