International students studying in Germany may now submit applications for the Goethe University Internship Scholarships. These internship awards are intended to help candidates who require financial support during their internship programs grow professionally or academically. The chance is open to international students enrolled in bachelor’s, master’s, or state exam programs across all academic areas.
The maximum monthly award for the Goethe University Internship Scholarships is €500 for a full scholarship and €250 for a partial scholarship. These funds are accessible for a period of four months only, with no chance of extension. The scholarship period is calculated based on the length of the anticipated internship. When the financing term has ended, the beneficiaries must provide the International Office with written confirmation from their employer that the internship was completed successfully.
Benefits of Scholarships for Internships at Goethe University in Germany for Foreign Students:
The Goethe University Internship Scholarship’s total funding is €500 per month for a full scholarship and €250 per month for a partial scholarship. Please remember that no extension in the period of the Scholarship is possible.
- Applicants can be from any nationality;
- Provide a preliminary confirmation by the employer who employs the student as an intern;
- An internship contract, a letter of recommendation by a lecturer at Goethe University confirming that the internship will advance the applicant’s studies (if applicable);
- Provide written confirmation from the respective examination office;
- Scholarships are not available for Ph.D. studies, second-degree studies, or for students of further training master programs;
- Students who are eligible for BAföG cannot apply for the Scholarship regardless of their present financial situation;
- Scholarships are available in proportion to available budget resources;
- Applicants must have enrolled in bachelor’s, master’s, or state exam programs in any subject
Please note that a selection only occurs if the number of applications exceeds the available scholarships. Selection criteria, in this case, are as follows:
- Previous study performance of applicant;
- Academic or vocational value of the internship to the studies course;
- The financial situation of the applicant;
- Priority will go to applicants from non-EU countries in case of equal qualification.
- Confirmation of enrolment
- Passport size photo
- Curriculum Vitae/CV
- Transcript of Records
- Internship contract or a confirmation from the employer
- A letter of recommendation from a university professor explaining the applicant’s academic achievements and course of studies to date
- The last three months’ bank statements
- Certificates on voluntary activities (Optional)
- Any evidence clarifying the applicant’s social situation and supporting the application justification (Optional)