About Shelter Coordinator, Norwegian Refugee Council, Afghanistan:
- Job Location: Kabul
- Nationality: National
- Category: Construction Design Engineering
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: Based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Vacancy Number: VA-2023-0071
- No. Of Jobs: 1
- City: Kabul
- Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
- Years of Experience: At least three years of experience with Urban shelter standards/ international standards code for building
- Contract Duration: 31-12-20233 (Extendable)
- Gender: Female
- Education: Minimum university degree in Civil/Construction or architecture Engineering, Prior experience within construction and community-based projects.
- Close date: 2023-06-28
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC, Norwegian: Flyktninghjelpen) is a humanitarian, non-governmental organization that protects the rights of people affected by displacement. This includes refugees and internally displaced persons who are forced to flee their homes as a result of conflict, human rights violations, and acute violence, as well as climate change and natural disasters.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- In close collaboration with Area Program Manager, expand, develop, coordinate, and manage NRC’s shelter projects in Central and East regions.
- Report monthly on all NRC shelter projects to the Area Program Manager.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums, clusters, and working groups.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within the shelter program; ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation in regions.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Report monthly on all NRC shelter activities in the region to sub-cluster and internal.
- Assess the areas of operation regarding construction in cooperation with national and local authorities and close collaboration with the Area Program Manager.
- Develop/ensure procedures for the implementation of the construction program by NRC principles and ways of working
- Exchange regular ideas/information with the shelter Area Program Manager.
- Document technical issues and questions to shelter Specialists.
- Ensure that constructions are by norms and standards.
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building to project staff
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
- Ensure constructive cooperation with NRC’s other programs Critical interfaces
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Minimum university degree in Civil/Construction or architecture Engineering, Prior experience within construction and community-based projects.
- Experience with Urban shelter standards/ international standards code for building.
- Previous work experience with satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English and local languages Pashtu and Dari.
- Auto CAD (2D,3D) knowledge.
- Able to express your ideas clearly and confidently in speech
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly to Afghanistan Labor Law.
- Top up a Credit card every month.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill out online CV profiles in the system, for example (personal, education, experience background, etc..), and only attaching a CV won’t be enough.