|No. Of Jobs:
|All the districts of Ghor and Farah provinces
|Rural Rehabilitation Association for Afghanistan (RRAA)
|Years of Experience:
|3 years of experience working in the areas of implementing interventions of social mobilization, community engagement and outreach, communication, interpersonal communication, social networking, group management, and facilitating adult training sessions a
|One Year with possiblility of Extenstion
|Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, public health, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations
About Rural Rehabilitation Association for Afghanistan (RRAA):
Rural Rehabilitation Association for Afghanistan (RRAA) is a non-profit, non-governmental, and non-political NGO established in 1990. The head office of the organization is located in Kabul, Afghanistan, and delivers humanitarian services in the sectors of Livelihood, Good Governance, WASH, and Emergency through its four regional offices in Mazar, Herat, Jalalabad, and the central zone in a decentralized manner
Under the supervision of the SBC officer, the social mobilizers will accomplish the following tasks in Farah and Ghor provinces:
- Capacity building of community structures and other frontline workers:
- Conduct orientation or training sessions for actors on key SBC and AAP packages.
- Community engagement and social mobilization:
- Conducting and facilitating follow-up meetings with community influential people and networks within the communities.
- Conduct and facilitate community engagement sessions with households and communities on life-saving behaviours as well as healthy and protective behaviours related to health, nutrition, WASH, education, and child protection.
- Tracking and collecting and sharing the rumours from the community.
- Conduct/facilitate the AAP interventions and social listening activities:
- Provide information about availability and utilization of services to communities
- Inform communities about the available mechanisms and channels to provide feedback on available services
- Engage community structures/ key influencers and communities in collecting/responding to community feedback.
- Co-facilitate to conduct mass campaigns:
- Raising awareness and mobilize and engaging community structures and communities in communication activities during diseases outbreak, health emergencies, and national/international campaigns
- Reporting and documentation of interventions:
- Prepare activity report according to the established format and submit it to his/her supervisor.
- Identify the best success stories of SBC interventions, collect testimonies from beneficiaries and submit them to the supervisor for further documentation.
- Monitoring of interventions and coordination:
- Monitor and supervise the SBC interventions and ensure the implementation of the activities base on the plan SBC and
- Follow up on the distribution of relevant supplies to households.
- Ensure local coordination and collaboration with key actors (s) such as the de-facto authority, CSOs, and others
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioural science, public health, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations, or another relevant technical field with 2 years of experience
- Baccalaureate degree with at least 3 years of experience working in the areas of implementing interventions of social mobilization, community engagement and outreach, communication, interpersonal communication, social networking, group management, and facilitating adult training sessions and group management.
- Ability to read, write and speak local languages and English well
- Skills in documenting activities (writing short articles, activity reports, taking pictures…)
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a result-oriented manner under demanding working conditions, often with short deadlines.
Couples will be preferred
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs via the following form and indicate the districts that they can work in: