- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: Cairo
- Grade: Mid level – P-3, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Public Health and Health Service
- Legal – Broad
- Patent and Intellectual property
- Closing Date: 2023-05-16
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a technical agency of the United Nations accountable for international public health. It was founded in 1948 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.WHO’s mission is to encourage health, maintain the world safe, and serve the vulnerable, guided by science and committed to the well-being of all people. The organization works with governments, civil society, international organizations, foundations, advocates, researchers, and health employees to advance the health and security of al.WHO’s areas of involvement include public health, AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue, and more. The agency is led by a director-general appointed by the WHO Secretariat, which carries out routine operations and helps implement strategies.
The incumbent will complete the following duties: Provide timely and sustainable technical guidance on injury prevention to EMR countries while providing close linkages with ongoing and related programmes. Strengthen health system activities and programming within an overall multisectoral approach for data system strengthening, research and monitoring and evaluation.Manage programme activities connected to building capacities on various areas of injury prevention at the regional and national levels. Correspond and monitor the implementation of multisectoral action and planning for injury prevention. Manage connected data sets and provide coordination in the areas of regional injury surveillance, epidemiology, data accumulation, analysis and dissemination efforts.Provide technical input in planning the growth and evaluation of training and teaching programmes at the regional level and at the country level for building national accommodations. Supply technical input to the planning and implementation of injury prevention elements of other WHO programs. Expand advocacy tools to promote an overall multisectoral procedure for addressing injuries. Establish and sustain partnerships within WHO and with other UN and non-UN partners at the global and regional levels for coordinated and effective work in injury prevention. Enhance the exchange of backgrounds and best practices as well as overseeing regular update of regional website and relevant information platforms.
APPLY ALSO: Social Media Copywriting at UNV
- University Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Epidemiology, or a related field
Desirable: Postgraduate degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or related field.
- Important : At least 5 years of appropriate experience with proven international exposure in the area of injury precluding.
- Alluring: Regional background working with WHO or a UN agency in a relevant field including interacting with national governments on injury precluding.
- Illustrated knowledge of different aspects of injury prevention in the Eastern Mediterranean Region.
- Ability and understanding of public health approaches and the critical role of WHO and health in injury prevention. Ability to blend, planand implement projects as well as effectively monitor and analyze data andpresent results.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the knowledge to build, and sustain partnerships across a wider spectrum of partners and Member states.Knowledge to work independently and deliver high quality results on time.