- Organization: UNEP
- Location: Germany
- Type: Consultancy
- Job Title: Consultant for CMS Strategic Plan
- Close on: 19 Feb 2023
The foremost environmental authority within the United Nations system is the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). It offers leadership and promotes collaboration in protecting the environment by motivating, educating, and empowering nations and peoples to raise their standard of living without compromising that of the next generation. UNEP focuses on a variety of issues, including the environment, pollution, and sustainable development. To direct and organize environmental operations inside the United Nations system, it was founded in 1972.
Also, You can apply for UN Jobs-Project Manager/Geneva/2023
Responsibilities of UN Careers-Consultant for CMS Strategic Plan 2023
- benefits from the analysis done by the CMS Secretariat in 2022 regarding the components that are still important in creating a follow-up plan to the SPMS 2015–2023
- includes the CMS’s main strategic objectives, priority activities, and goals, all of which are distinct, actionable, and measurable;
- spearhead efforts to increase the Convention’s visibility, support Parties in implementing it, and foster strategic alliances with other MEAs and the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework;
- spanning two to three triennia;
- complies with procedures for reporting on the application of the Convention;
- is ready in time for COP14 deliberation, with the possibility of being supplemented with additional documents in the future (on topics of greater detail);
- allows for the assessment and adjustment of various components as needed throughout the plan’s lifetime.
- synchronize IWG work and consultation procedures
- serve as the IWG’s central point of coordination for all documents produced by the group, with the assistance of the CMS Secretariat;
- In order to determine the primary strategic goals, objectives, and priority activities that should be included in the new SPMS, you should coordinate the design of and facilitate at least three internal workshops for CMS Secretariat employees.
- Coordinate an analysis of stakeholders, including CMS Parties, and incorporate the results into the SPMS.
- Coordinate and lead at least one IWG meeting, and incorporate feedback into the SPMS draft for IWG approval before submitting it to the CMS Standing Committee.
- Direct the team to submit the SPMS’s final draft to CMS COP14.
UN Careers-Consultant for CMS Strategic Plan 2023 Requirments
It is necessary to have a graduate degree from an accredited university in management, natural resource management, conservation, ecology, or a closely related field like economics, finance, or business. An undergraduate degree and sufficient work experience may be accepted in place of the advanced degree.
10 years or more of steadily increasing responsibility working for environmental institutions or groups devoted to biodiversity preservation Strategic planning knowledge is necessary. Experience with migratory species and with CMS or other global environmental accords would be ideal.
It is necessary to speak and write English fluently.