- Organization: UNOPS
- Location: Honduras
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Director Country Officer
- Close on: 19 Mar 2023
The Sustainable Development Goals will be achieved with the help of UNOPS, a United Nations organization that specializes in project management, infrastructure development, and procurement. It supports partners’ initiatives to provide humanitarian, development, peace, and security solutions in some of the most difficult environments on earth. UNOPS’s goal is to improve people’s lives and foster more sustainable futures through its efforts in project management, procurement, and infrastructure.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs-Associate of Civil Engineering
About UN Careers-Director, Country Officer
Providing operational support for the UN, the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) helps its partners carry out their peacekeeping, humanitarian, and development projects successfully all over the world. As the primary UN resource, UNOPS serves a wide spectrum of nations, donors, and UN agencies by offering sustainable project management, procurement, and infrastructure services.
The Country Office is in charge of planning, executing, and maintaining a portfolio of engagements and affordable services that support partners’ sustainable results and UNOPS management results. The operational risks related to its portfolio of engagements are likewise managed by Country Office.
The operation of the UNOPS Honduras Country Office began in 2014. The primary operating sectors in the nation are focused on providing technical assistance in public-private partnerships for infrastructure investment projects in the country. These partnerships will be used to purchase medicines, medical equipment, ambulances, and information technology equipment, as well as to strengthen institutional infrastructure and sustainability. The operations for projects in El Salvador are likewise under the direction of the Honduras Country Office Director.
The CO Director, who reports to and is generally overseen by the Regional Director, directs and manages all delivery within the purview of the Country Office, including liaison and engagement development activities as well as providing prompt and economical services for partners’ and stakeholders’ long-term success.
UN Careers-Director, Country Officer Requirments
- a Master’s degree or its equivalent from an advanced university and ten (10) years of relevant work experience OR
- It is necessary to have a First Level University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and twelve(12) years of related experience.
- a minimum of 10 years of combined strategic and managerial leadership experience in large international and/or corporate organizations in business growth, operations, program management, and/or international development.
- a minimum of three years of experience in leadership positions working with sustainable development
- and a minimum of two years of senior leadership experience, including managing the business’s financial viability and directing senior professional staff.
- Fluent Spanish
- Good working-level English