- Organization: FAO
- Location: India
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Economist (Senior Consultant)
- Close on: 3 Mar 2023
A specialized department of the UN, the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) is in charge of global initiatives to end hunger. Its objectives include ensuring that everyone has access to enough wholesome food on a regular basis and leading active, healthy lives. The FAO seeks to end hunger, food insecurity, and malnutrition, increase agriculture’s sustainability and productivity, lessen rural poverty, and assure inclusive and effective agricultural systems. Additionally, it works to fight world hunger and eradicate poverty through enhancing forestry, fisheries, and agricultural methods.
Also, Apply: UN Careers-Assessment Specialist
About UN Careers-Economist (Senior Consultant)
The Economist works closely with task forces assigned to ADAFSA and FAO and is under the overall direction of the SNG Subregional Coordinator, the Chief Technical Advisor’s direct supervision, and the Lead Technical Officer’s (LTO) technical coordination.
The incumbent will oversee the creation and application of DST-relevant models to support the Abu Dhabi Emirate’s Master Plan for Sustainable Agriculture.
- Examine the ADAFSA’s current policies and tactics as well as comparable policies and initiatives at the Emirate level.
- Write down technical methodological notes and evaluate the state of various farm kinds and activities as well as the opportunities for changing crop and livestock production systems.
- Participate in the creation of surveys to gather the data necessary for the use of DST models, or spatial decision support systems.
- Examine the structures, operations, and performance of the most important value chains in terms of the economy, society, and the environment.
- Create, carry out, and supervise the use of semi-structured interviews.
- Provide technical assistance when creating investment programs for the Master Plan’s priority components, guaranteeing uniform structures and thorough design and costing data.
- Ensure that timely and excellent deliverables are supplied in support of the conversation with ADAFSA.
- Participate in, plan, or direct technical meetings and workshops with key informants and stakeholders.
- Write out and compose the programmed actions that will be included in the master plan.
UN Careers-Economist (Senior Consultant) Requirments
- economics, agricultural economics, or economics of natural resources master’s or doctoral degree
- in management of agribusiness or a closely related discipline.
- years of relevant experience in the analysis of agricultural economics and development policies, or in the design and execution of programs relating to food security, agriculture, rural development, agribusiness investment operations, water resource management, and associated analytical studies.
- Working knowledge of English and some proficiency in one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian) are required of consultants; Arabic is preferred.