- Organization: IRC
- Location: UK/ Ireland
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Finance Manager
- Close on: 8 Mar 2023
IRC stands for International Rescue Committee, which is a global humanitarian organization that provides assistance to refugees, displaced persons, and vulnerable communities affected by conflicts and disasters around the world.
The IRC was founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein to help refugees fleeing Nazi Germany. Since then, it has expanded its reach to provide aid in more than 40 countries worldwide. Its work includes providing emergency assistance such as shelter, food, and water; delivering healthcare services; promoting education; and supporting economic recovery and development.
Also, Apply: Un Jobs Pakistan, Partnerships Specialist, Islamabad
The organization is headquartered in New York City and has offices and operations in countries such as Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia, and Uganda, among others. The IRC is funded by governments, private donors, and institutions, and is led by President and CEO David Miliband.
UN Careers-Finance Manager
The IRC global network, which has offices in New York and London, includes IRC UK. To help those affected by conflict and disasters regain their health, safety, education, economic well-being, and power, our team in the UK works to promote visibility, implement policy and practice change, and increase funding. Since 2021, IRC UK has also offered direct integration services to refugees in England. This program is expanding quickly.
The IRC also maintains offices in Berlin, Bonn, Brussels, Geneva, and Stockholm in Europe.
The UK Operational Finance, which consists of the Accounts Payable/Receivable (excluding grants) activities, the month-end close, and annual accounts, will be under the direction of the Finance Manager. The Finance Manager is expected to give the Financial Controller excellent support and fill in as needed.
UN Careers-Finance Manager Requirments
- CCAB-recognized accountant with proven post-qualification experience in a demanding finance department.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP Team player, eager to assist coworkers with assignments when needed
- organized, good at prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines, and quick to learn new skills.
- Proficiency with audit procedures and demonstrable experience working in a related financial or job since becoming a certified public accountant
- Having a good track record of supporting financial management and monitoring