- Organization: WFP
- Location: Ethiopia
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
- Close on: 28 Feb 2023
A global body of the United Nations called the World Food Programme (WFP) offers food aid. Its headquarters are in Rome, Italy, and it was created by the UN in 1961 to help end world famine. Every year, the WFP provides food aid to 80 million people in almost 80 countries, creating a road to peace, stability, and nourishment. It is the biggest humanitarian organization in the world, fighting hunger and saving lives in dire situations.
Also, Apply: UN jobs-Business Support Assistant
About UN Careers-Human Resources Assistant
These jobs are available in Gondar. Functionally, the position holder reports to the HR Officer or designee and to the head of the field office.
At this level, job holders are expected to be responsible for carrying out a broad range of HR tasks that call for some bending of accepted rules and procedures. In their area of competence, job holders can suggest a course of action and may give advice to other employees.
to carry out a variety of HR duties in order to facilitate the efficient operation of client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services and to support the accurate execution of WFP policies and procedures.
UN Careers-Human Resources Assistant Responsibilities
- their jobs by offering assistance and on-the-job training.
- Communicate with other internal units or offices about HR-related issues, such as payroll, contracts, benefits, entitlements, etc., and supply the necessary data to enable prompt HR services.
- To support analysis and reporting requirements, gather and extract HR data on hiring and selecting workers, terms of employment, entitlements, accomplishments, and training needs.
- Provide administrative support for a variety of HR duties in the job areas assigned by the professional officer, such as onboarding new employees in accordance with pertinent procedures.
- Provide administrative support for different HR operations, including the onboarding of new employees in accordance with pertinent policies and procedures, in the work areas designated by the professional officer.
- Maintain private personnel records, HR databases, and archives to make sure information is correctly gathered, archived, and updated in accordance with the rules.
- Draft various HR documents (such as employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related paperwork, etc.) that are necessary for the particular field of work while maintaining correctness and adhering to deadlines.
- Utilize HR management systems to enter and update a range of HR data, including help in monitoring different dates (such as contract expiration, PACE, etc.), assuring compliance with the set deadlines, and ensuring the accuracy of HR data.
- Support personnel deployment and associated administrative tasks, such as the creation of fundamental reports, in order to support effective HR service and allow WFP to react promptly to an emergency.
Requirements of Job
- secondary school education is finished. degree from a university in management, business administration, or a closely related discipline
- At least three years of that time should have been spent in human resources or another relevant area. Five or more years of progressively responsible support job experience in general administrative work
- It is necessary to be proficient in written and oral English and the local language.