- Organization: WFP
- Location: Kenya
- Job Title: Knowledge Management Officer
- Type: Full Time
- Close on: 3 Mar 2023
A global body of the United Nations called the World Food Programme (WFP) offers food aid. Its headquarters are in Rome, Italy, and it was founded in 1961 to help fight world hunger. WFP works with communities to improve nutrition and foster resilience, providing assistance to 80 million people annually in almost 80 countries.
About UN Careers-Knowledge Management Officer
To provide the regional bureau and its national offices with efficient coordination, technical direction, and specialized knowledge management (KM) support. The position holder is required to oversee the knowledge management workstream at the Regional Bureau Nairobi (RBN), work closely and collaboratively with numerous teams, and engage in analytical and strategic planning to advance knowledge management in the area.
This position sits in the Programme Cycle Management unit and reports to the Head of the Unit.
UN Careers-Knowledge Management Officer Requirments
- Advanced University degree with coursework in Information Science, Knowledge Management, Project Management, Communication, International Relations, Development, Government, or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- The needed post-graduate professional experience in knowledge management or a similar discipline must be a minimum of three (3) years.
- Six (6) years of steadily increasing responsibility in knowledge management, collaborations, communications, reporting, and/or work-related positions on a national and/or international level.
- An advantage is having prior experience working in the international development or humanitarian sectors.
- Fluency in oral and written English is mandatory.
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is a plus – French is preferred.