- Organization: UN
- Location: USA
Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Political Affairs Officer
- Close on: 2 Apr 2023
An intergovernmental body called the United Nations (UN) was established in 1945. Its stated goals are to uphold world peace and security, foster goodwill among states, advance social progress, defend human rights, and uphold the rule of law. A separate organization called UN Women is devoted to empowering women and promoting gender equality.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs-Chief of Section, Finance, and Budget
About UN Careers-POLITICAL AFFAIRS OFFICER
The job is placed in the Central and Southern Africa Division (CSAD), the Democratic Republic of the Congo Integrated Operational Team, inside the Departments of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs and Peace Operations (DPPA-DPO) (DRC-IOT). The incumbent works under the overall direction of the Deputy Director of DRC-IOT and reports to the Senior Political Affairs Officer.
UN Careers-POLITICAL AFFAIRS OFFICER Requirments
- Master’s degree or equivalent in political science, international relations, international economics, law, public administration, or a closely related field from an advanced university. The first-level university degree may be accepted in place of the advanced university degree if it is combined with the necessary work experience.
- It is necessary to have at least seven years of steadily increasing responsibility in political science, international relations, law, disarmament, conflict resolution, or a closely related field.
- It is necessary to have prior experience assisting a UN Peacekeeping or Special Political Mission.
- It would be ideal if you had knowledge of Great Lakes/DRC-related concerns.
- The working languages of the United Nations Secretariat are English and French. Fluency in both written and spoken English and French is necessary for the role being advertised. It is advantageous to be familiar with another official UN language.