- Organization: UNDP
- Location: Lebanon
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: SIOC Operations Support
- Close on: 8 Mar 2023
The United Nations founded the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in 1965 as a global development organization. With sustainable development, UNDP seeks to assist nations in eradicating poverty, minimizing inequality, and eliminating exclusion.
Also, Apply: UN Careers- Associate Information Management Officer
The organization works with governments, civil society organizations, and the commercial sector to address challenging development issues in almost 170 nations and territories. In order to assist nations in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and other global development objectives, UNDP offers technical assistance, policy recommendations, and financial support.
Promoting democratic governance, enhancing climate change resilience, advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment, encouraging sustainable and inclusive economic growth, and assisting crisis prevention and recovery efforts are just a few of UNDP’s main areas of concentration.
About UN Careers-SIOC Operations Support
According to the country SRM, the framework of accountability in support of the Designated Official, and Security Management Team, the Security Information Operation Center (SIOC) was established to offer security support to the UNCT in Lebanon, North of the Litani River (NLR), on a 24/7 basis.
- displays integrity by upholding the principles and standards of the UN;
- supports and advances the UN’s vision, mission, and strategic objectives;
- exhibits sensitivity to and adaptability to differences in culture, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age;
- treats everyone equally and without bias;
- Preferable is knowledge of the UN.
UN Careers-SIOC Operations Support Requirments
- Academic Qualifications:
- Minimum Secondary school education, however, post security education is an advantage.
- Minimum of four years of progressive work experience, ideally in the field of security operations centers or emergency situations;
- Natural English speaker who also speaks Arabic. French proficiency is advantageous.