- Organization: IRC
- Location: USA
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Technical Advisor, USRAP Capacity Development
- Close on: 22 Apr 2023
IRC stands for International Rescue Committee, which is a global humanitarian organization that provides assistance to refugees, displaced persons, and vulnerable communities affected by conflicts and disasters around the world.
The IRC was founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein to help refugees fleeing Nazi Germany. Since then, it has expanded its reach to provide aid in more than 40 countries worldwide. Its work includes providing emergency assistance such as shelter, food, and water; delivering healthcare services; promoting education; and supporting economic recovery and development.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs-Country Director Libya
The organization is headquartered in New York City and has offices and operations in countries such as Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia, and Uganda, among others. The IRC is funded by governments, private donors, and institutions, and is led by President and CEO David Miliband.
About UN Careers-Technical Advisor, USRAP Capacity Development
The headquarters Resettlement Team oversees the implementation and quality of services for early resettlement programming across the IRC’s growing network of local offices and affiliates. Its primary activities include capacity building, training, and evaluation of program activities. The Technical Advisor, U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) Capacity Building is the technical lead for a new project that aims to mentor national organizations to become resilient and high-performing national resettlement agencies. This position will last through September 2025, the duration of the project. The Technical Advisor is an expert in Reception and Placement (R&P) program delivery and has deep knowledge of its diverse implementation at the local level and an excellent command of its various headquarters activities. The Technical Advisor will work in partnership on matters related to pre and post-arrival program functions, staffing structure, program design, client safeguarding, and overall program compliance.
The position is responsible for advising and guiding national and local management at new and emerging resettlement agencies on IRC’s standards of R&P program excellence. They will influence the quality of programming at two national organizations, impacting an estimated 27 affiliates and 10,000 clients over the project period. The Technical Advisor reports to the Deputy Director, of USRAP Capacity Building, and supervises up to three staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required a Master’s degree in Social Work, International Affairs, or a related field highly desirable.
- Minimum 6 years of progressive work experience in the field of refugee resettlement at the national and/or local level.
- Minimum 3 years of program and grants management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing external stakeholders and staff supervision experience required.
- Previous experience leading program design, budget and implementation, grants management, monitoring program compliance and providing the technical assistance required.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time.
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to manage others and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
- Standard office working environment.
- Up to 30% of domestic travel as needed.
- This role may require working remotely full or part-time and part-time remote employees may be required to share a workspace.