- Organization: UNDP
- Location: China
- Type: Internship
- Job Title: International Communication
- Close on: 23 Feb 2023
About OrganizationA UN body, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), has the responsibility of assisting nations in eradicating poverty and achieving sustainable economic growth. To lessen inequality, implement the Paris Agreement on climate change, and accomplish the Sustainable Development Goals, it works in 170 nations and territories. Since its founding in 1965, the UNDP’s governing body has made decisions or adopted new tactics to direct the achievement of its objectives.
Also, Apply: UN Careers-ICT Manager – Technology Innovation
About UN Internship International CommunicationInternational Organization for Development (UNDP) The United Nations Development Programme, the organization’s global network for development, has a national office in China. UNDP China has a long history of contributing to human development and reducing poverty, and it is becoming more active in South-South cooperation initiatives.The UNDP China Communications, Innovation, and Partnerships team uses a variety of communication strategies to encourage better awareness of and visibility of UNDP’s work. The team oversees the design, management, and implementation of UNDP’s overall communications strategy, including the development and rollout of high-impact, multimedia campaigns, program-oriented communications products, media relations, and key events, localization of global content for Chinese audiences, and publications on important development issues. They also actively engage with the media, social media, and a strong network of Public-Private Partnerships. To address complicated development challenges outside the conventional development cycle, the team is enabling and developing novel solutions and experimenting with new ways of working.
UN Internship International Communication Requirments
- Within one year of completing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. program; In the final year of a Bachelor’s program; Enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program; Enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and participating in the internship as part of the program; Majoring in social sciences, international relations, communications, journalism, or another relevant field.
- Experience with studying abroad will be helpful.
- It will be advantageous to have other abilities that may be used for both online and offline communications (such as video editing, photo editing, etc.).
Needed DocumentsPlease send the following materials along with your application in one PDF. Please be aware that if you submit an application through UNDP Jobs, the system will not permit you to upload more than one document at a time. To avoid this, please combine or scan all of your documents into one file before uploading.
- CV and letter of motivation
- Copy of school transcript
- Indicate if you will be financially supported by any institution or program, such as a university, government, foundation, or scholarship program, and the financial amount.