- Organization: UNDP
- Location: Belgium
- Type: Internship
- Close on: 24 Feb 2023
The mission of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is to assist nations in eradicating poverty and achieving sustainable economic growth. It was established in 1965 and now operates in 170 nations and territories with the goals of reducing inequality, eradicating poverty, and carrying out the Paris Climate Agreement. The Sustainable Development Goals are a priority for UNDP, which is committed to the idea of global development.
Also, Apply: UN jobs-(GBV) and Disability Inclusion Consultant
About UN Internship-Programme
The collaboration between the European Union (EU) and UNDP, founded on common principles and goals for achieving peace and security, human rights, and development, is supported and promoted by UNDP’s representation office in Brussels. Both parties are dedicated to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, supporting nations’ advancements, and funding their initiatives to eradicate poverty, safeguard the environment, and promote prosperity for all.
The EU Contract Management Unit (CMU), where this role is located, is responsible for assisting the global UNDP-led implementation of activities with EU funding.
A development- and EU-focused intern is needed by UNDP’s representation office in Brussels. The internship will offer the chance to learn in-depth about the contractual requirements and processes of the EU, commencing with project conception, contract signing, project implementation, and project closing.
UN Internship-Programme Responsibilities
- Draft and consolidate documents;
- Collect and catalog information relating to EU-UNDP cooperation, as per given specifications;
- Assist in the organization of conferences, fora, or other collaborative events;
- Assist in data processing (for PowerPoint presentations, infographics, etc.);
- Attend conferences/workshops relevant to the subject area, produce summaries of events;
- Perform other tasks as may be reasonably required.
- Strong organizational and research skills;
- Excellent analytical, communication, and writing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN/UNDP;
- Computer proficiency in standard software applications (MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness, by modeling the UN/UNDP’s values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
UN Internship-Programme Requirments
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Proficiency in French and/or Spanish will be an asset.
The following prerequisites must be met at the time of application for participants in the UNDP internship program:
- be enrolled in the last year of a first university degree program (such as a bachelor’s degree or equivalent), preferably in the discipline of international relations, development studies, economics, or another pertinent field;
- be engaged in a postgraduate degree program (such as one leading to a Master’s degree or higher), particularly in the fields of International Relations, Development Studies, Economics, or another pertinent discipline;
- possess a recent university degree as described above, and if chosen, the internship must begin within one year following graduation;
- must complete the internship as part of a postgraduate professional traineeship program in which you are enrolled.