|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As Per Organization Salary Scale (SB-1 Level)|
|Vacancy Number:||FAO/KND/SC 01-2023|
|No. Of Jobs:||2|
|Years of Experience:||Minimum of 7 years relevant experience|
|Contract Duration:||12 Months (with extension subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability)|
|Education:||Minimum of a Secondary School Qualification|
FAO Afghanistan is investing, across all 34 provinces, in resilience reinforcing actions that focus on protecting agriculture livelihoods and local ecosystems, boosting local production of nutritious foods and cash-incomes, and safeguarding critical agriculture sectoral development gains achieved over the past couple of decades through revitalizing rural markets and economy. In 2022-2023, FAO will, under the life-saving assistance Outcome (1) of the UN Transitional Engagement Framework (TEF), focus on the following four priority actions: (i) Safeguarding Wheat Seed Security, (ii) Enhancing Local Production of Nutritious Food, (iii) Livestock Protection and Dairy Sector Support, and (iv) Restoring Irrigation Structures to Boost Cash Incomes. Additionally, FAO will contribute towards resilience building activities under Outcome 2 of the TEF.
These are National Project Personnel positions – SB1.
The Security Guard will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Country Representative, under the direct supervision of the Regional Coordinator and technical oversight of the Local Security Assistant (LSA).
Provision of security services to the FAO premise
Tasks and responsibilities
- Patrol and maintain security of office premises and grounds including overnight guards duties as required; reporting any irregularities;
- Access control admission of visitors by properly checking their Identity cards;
- Respond to emergencies affecting safety of the premises and notify direct supervisor;
- Open and close the office building during the working hours;
- Check to make sure that all office equipment, lights etc. are working properly and turn them off after working hours;
- Attend radio calls, take messages and keep track of all road missions;
- Keep record of incoming/outgoing messages;
- Maintain and keep track of communications with field missions;
- Maintain update directives and security personnel lists;
- Assist in ensuring that all VHF and HF radios are in good working condition;
- Liaise with field security unit on a daily basis regarding radio room activities;
- Liaise as necessary with the project administration, local security officer, police authorities, fire service and other emergency services;
- Report for duty as and when necessary (on call);
- To receive incoming document with the observance of the safety measures and should be carefully examined, when necessary by metal detector;
- To receive visitors and incoming telephone calls and ensure that the correct messages are taken and delivered to appropriate staff member;
- Ensure that the security guidelines and recommendations are being properly followed by staff;
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Minimum of a Secondary School Qualification;
- Security Guard Training will be consider as an Advantage;
- A minimum of seven years relevant work experience with the UN or an International Organization;
- Good knowledge of English (intermediate level, both spoken and written) language;
- Excellent knowledge of local languages (Pashto and Dari), both spoken and written;
- National of Afghanistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of premise security requirements and procedures;
- Familiar with the use of various security screen equipment and the applicable procedures;
- Ability to remain calm and effectively manage and respond during emergency situations/security incidents;
- Strong understanding and familiarity with the local context including strong awareness of the relevant security situation;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with other staff/colleagues from different cultural backgrounds and with relevant counterparts.
Interested Afghan nationals should complete the FAO Personal History Form (PHF) and submit it along with their CV to the email address below, clearly mentioning the vacancy number and post title (Security Guard – FAO/KND/SC 01-2023) in the subject line of the email; otherwise, your email will not be considered for further process.
NOTE: Applicants who failed to attach the FAO Personal History Form (PHF) to their Application will not be considered for further process.
The last date for receiving applications is 22 February 2023. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- If you are in possession of language certificate/s from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT), please attach the certificate/s when submitting the application.
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT