- Organization: WFP
- Location: Faso
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Business Support Assistant-Human Resource
- Close on: Mar 22, 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide. It was established in 1961 and is headquartered in Rome, Italy. The organization is a part of the United Nations system and works to provide food assistance to people affected by conflicts, natural disasters, and other emergencies.
WFP works in over 80 countries, providing food assistance to around 100 million people each year. The organization’s work is divided into two main areas: emergency assistance and development assistance. In emergency situations, WFP provides food assistance to people who are in urgent need of food due to conflicts, natural disasters, or other emergencies. In development settings, WFP works to help communities build resilience to food insecurity and achieve food security.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs-Assistant Resources Humaines
WFP’s operations are funded entirely by voluntary contributions from governments, companies, and individuals. The organization has won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2020 for its efforts to combat hunger and improve conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas.
About UN Jobs-Business Support Assistant- Human Resources
This post is based in Burkina Faso at the WFP Country Office. The incumbent, who works in an office setting and reports to the HR Manager, may conduct administrative support duties. Work is completed with a minimum of supervision at this level. The incumbent is required to complete ordered and precise work while performing particular team support duties. They can advise younger employees in their sector of work on standard procedures.
Conduct routine management support activities in the field of human resources management to aid in the prompt provision of services.
- Gather information following clear guidelines to assist other staff in document writing and reporting.
- Answer questions and escalate issues as needed to provide reliable, timely service.
- Assist in processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks across various functional areas to contribute to effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proofreading services for standard documents to contribute to the development of specific documents.
- Responsible for the management of certain standard systems and files to ensure that the information is reliable and that the department concerned has easy access to it.
- Identify simple anomalies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and escalate them to the next level to help service recipients in their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to ensure information in internal systems is reliable.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
|Have at least the BAC
|At least three years of work experience as a Human Resources management assistant, administrative assistant.
|Good oral and written knowledge of the French language.
How to Apply?
- Create a profile: To apply for a UN job, you need to create a profile on the United Nations Careers portal. You will need to provide personal and professional information, including your education and work experience.
- Submit your application: Once you have found a job vacancy that you are interested in and have created a profile, you can start your application. You will need to complete an online application form, upload your resume, and write a cover letter.
- Wait for a response: After submitting your application, the hiring manager will review your application and decide whether to invite you for an interview. This process can take several weeks or even months, depending on the number of applicants and the complexity of the selection process.
It’s important to note that the UN receives a high volume of applications for each job vacancy, and the competition is often fierce. Therefore, it’s crucial to tailor your application to the specific job and highlight your relevant skills and experience. Good luck!