- Organization: UNDP
- Location: Micronesia
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Driver
- Close on: 20 Mar 2023
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a global development agency that works to eradicate poverty, reduce inequalities, and build sustainable development in countries around the world. It was founded in 1965 and operates in more than 170 countries and territories.
The UNDP’s mission is to empower people and communities to achieve their full potential by promoting economic growth, protecting the environment, and advancing democratic governance. The organization works to achieve these goals through partnerships with governments, civil society organizations, and the private sector.
Some of the key areas of focus for the UNDP include poverty reduction, gender equality, climate change, democratic governance, and crisis prevention and recovery. The UNDP also provides technical assistance and capacity-building support to countries in areas such as public administration, fiscal management, and human rights.
Overall, the UNDP plays a vital role in advancing sustainable development goals and promoting a more just and equitable world.
About UN Jobs-Driver/2023
The Driver delivers dependable and safe driving services while working under the direction of the Operations Manager and the watchful eye of the Operations and Travel Associate. The Driver exhibits a client-centered mindset, a strong sense of responsibility, politeness, tact, and the capacity to interact with people from various national and cultural backgrounds.
The Sub-operations office and program staff, consultants and specialists, and UN personnel on a mission all receive driving assistance from the Driver.
The accuracy, safety, and promptness with which the office services are provided are impacted by the key outcomes.
providing safe and dependable driving services
ensures the delivery of dependable and secure driving services by a) operating office vehicles for the delivery and pickup of mail, documents, and other items, as well as the transportation of authorized personnel, and b) meeting official visitors and personnel at the airport and making necessary arrangements for visa and customs formalities.
Usage of a vehicle safely
- By accurately maintaining daily vehicle records, providing information for the production of vehicle maintenance plans and reports, and ensuring proper use of the vehicle, one can guarantee cost savings.
Daily upkeep of the designated vehicle
- ensures that the assigned vehicle is properly maintained on a daily basis by scheduling significant repairs, changing the oil on schedule, checking the tires and brakes, washing the car, etc.
Availability of documents/supplies
- Ensures the availability of all necessary paperwork and supplies, such as the first aid kit, vehicle records, office directory, city/country map, and car insurance.
- ensures that, in the event of an accident, all necessary emergency actions are taken in accordance with laws and regulations.
Giving administrative assistance
- Provide the receptionist administrative assistance, such as helping with the front desk, collecting and delivering pouches, delivering mail, issuing purchase orders to vendors, collecting supplies, hanging the UNDP flag, and keeping the Sub office kitchen area clean and organized at all times.
- If allocated and judged required for the office’s efficient operation, perform tasks within the functional profile.
UN Jobs-Driver/2023 Requirments
- Secondary Education is required.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- a minimum of two years of driving-related employment experience, including experience driving other people.
- Safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Skills and experience in vehicle maintenance and vehicle repairs.
- English proficiency at the working level is required; fluency in the local language is advantageous.
How to Apply?
- Review job requirements: Review the job description and requirements to make sure you meet the qualifications and experience needed for the position. It is important to carefully read the application instructions and to submit all required documents.
- Create a profile: Create a UN careers profile and complete the online application form. You will need to provide personal and professional information, as well as submit a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application: Once you have completed your application, click on the submit button to send your application to the UN. You will receive a confirmation email with your application details.
- Wait for a response: After submitting your application, it may take several weeks or months to hear back from the UN. If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be contacted by a UN representative.
- Attend an interview: If you are invited to an interview, prepare well and attend the interview as scheduled.
- Receive an offer: If you are successful in your application, you will receive an offer from the UN. You will need to accept the offer and follow the instructions provided to complete the hiring process.
It is important to note that the UN has a highly competitive application process, and it may take several attempts to secure a job. Therefore, it is important to remain persistent and continue to apply for jobs that match your skills and experience.