- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: Lyon
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-6, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-01-12
Apply Now for UN Jobs – France Senior Assistant to Director and continue your career in the United Nations-based Organization (WHO). You can apply here.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES – UN Jobs – France
- Ensure the smooth running of the Director’s Office in close collaboration with other administrative and programmatic staff in the Department through the efficient provision of secretarial and administrative support to the Director.
- departments/programs for action as necessary.
Analyze incoming matters in the light of background material, instructions, policies, and precedents; research and attach background documentation in anticipation of the Director’s queries
- Create, maintain, update and monitor access to specific Director files and reference systems, ensuring accurate and appropriate filing of confidential and sensitive information.
- Screen and receive visitors/telephone calls with tact and discretion, make appointments, redirect visitors/callers as necessary; provide background information concerning the purpose of appointments with official visitors and/or staff members; re-arrange schedules disrupted by unexpected events.
- Manage the smooth operation of the Director’s daily agenda.
- Ensure protocol and exercise tact and discretion with Permanent Mission, counterparts in other UN Agencies, and other WHO partners; contact Department units to obtain information and/or request preparation of speeches, briefings, etc.
- Coordinate support services for conferences and meetings, monitor the progress of required documentation/information and coordinate related logistic requirements.
- Prepare agenda and list of participants for internal meetings organized by the Director, ensure that documentation and briefing files are prepared in due time, and attend meetings to take notes and prepare minutes when required.
- Ensure necessary administrative arrangements and briefings for staff and non-staff (i.e. consultants, APIs, etc.) assigned to the Director’s office and/or Department and as required initiate related actions through GSM.
- Manage and organize all duty travels for the Director and staff assigned to his/her office.
Required Qualifications for this UN Job in France
Essential: Completion of secondary school education or equivalent.
Desirable: Higher education after secondary school certification.
Essential: A minimum of 8 years of experience in secretarial or administrative positions.
Desirable: Relevant experience in WHO or another UN agency. Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems.
Skills Required for this UN job in France
Strong skills to work independently.
– Strong organization and office skills, as well as skills in note-taking and minute writing.
– Sound knowledge and skills using a variety of office and computer packages.
– Sound knowledge of WHO and/or UN administrative rules and regulations, procedures, and practices.
– The ability to multitask and work under pressure.
– The ability to exercise discretion at all times in judging the importance, urgency and confidential nature of various issues and tact when dealing with staff and external partners.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of French.
Desirable: Beginner-level knowledge of other UN languages.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at EUR 48,081 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.