- Organization: IRC
- Location: Kenya/ Senegal
- Type: Full Time
- Job Title: Gender Equality Diversity and Inclusion Senior Advisor
- Close on: 1 Sep 2023
IRC stands for International Rescue Committee, which is a global humanitarian organization that provides assistance to refugees, displaced persons, and vulnerable communities affected by conflicts and disasters around the world.
The IRC was founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein to help refugees fleeing Nazi Germany. Since then, it has expanded its reach to provide aid in more than 40 countries worldwide. Its work includes providing emergency assistance such as shelter, food, and water; delivering healthcare services; promoting education; and supporting economic recovery and development.
Also, Apply: UN Jobs-Resettlement Manager/USA/2023
The organization is headquartered in New York City and has offices and operations in countries such as Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia, and Uganda, among others. The IRC is funded by governments, private donors, and institutions, and is led by President and CEO David Miliband.
About UN Jobs-Gender Equality Diversity and Inclusion Senior Advisor
The Senior Advisor for Technical Excellence (TE) will work with the Gender, Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (GEDI) Unit as well as the Crisis Response, Recovery, and Development (CRRD) departments as a member of the TE team. You will lead and organize efforts to integrate GEDI perspectives into IRC’s program quality frameworks in this thrilling and crucial role. You will also support technical units to develop GEDI transformative programming. The job is an exciting and motivating chance to significantly advance GEDI in a large humanitarian organization!
UN Jobs-Gender Equality Diversity and Inclusion Senior Advisor Requirments
- Required is a graduate degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of related experience that includes:
- a track record of encouraging organizational partners to make the intersectional feminist lens the central component of their programming strategy.
- knowledge of creating and utilizing frameworks and methods to assist gender, power, and inclusion analyses
- 3 years or more of fieldwork experience in aid or development.
- experience creating practice communities
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Proficiency in at least one other language spoken in IRC regions (French, Arabic, Spanish, Swahili, etc.)