UN Jobs in Afghanistan: Data Entry Intern, IOM:
- Job Location: Kandahar
- Nationality: National
- Category: General
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: UG
- Vacancy Number: SVN-KBL-2023-124
- No. Of Jobs: 1
- City: kandahar
- Organization: IOM
- Years of Experience: Candidate should be highly motivated, keen to learn new skills with dynamic personality and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Contract Duration: Six months with possibility of extension
- Gender: Male/Female
- Education: Completed university degree (bachelor’s degree) or at the last year of university degree in the fields of Economics, Public Administration, Political Science, or other related field of study. Certificate on MS Office 365 is desirable.
- Close date: 2023-07-01
The International Organization for Migration is a United Nations agency that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the daily provision of post-arrival humanitarian assistance to vulnerable undocumented Afghans returning through the Spin Boldak Border to the IOM Transit Center in Kandahar city which includes physical distribution of materials, registration of returnees as IOM beneficiaries, recording of relevant statistics and assurance quality of items provided to IOM by local service providers in coordination with the IOM CBRR Field Coordinator.
- Maintain and update all projects records and files on a daily, weekly and monthly basis with provision of information as requested by central office in Kabul towards weekly situation reports, donor reporting and related materials.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as organizing the Beneficiary Selection Assessment Forms statistics and meeting minutes as resources towards periodic reporting.
- Assist in facilitating monitoring & evaluation, media trainings and visits of IOM current and potential donors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Maintain proper coordination with partners operating in Kandahar Transit Centre and ensure to keep regular communications with relevant focal points.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Completed university degree (bachelor’s degree) or at the last year of university degree in the fields of Economics, Public Administration, Political Science, or other related field of study.
- Certificate on MS Office 365 is desirable.
- Familiar with administrative functions
- Experience in scanning and filing documents and email communications.
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Candidate should be highly motivated, keen to learn new skills with dynamic personality and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Fluent in the English, Pashto, and Dari languages.
Note: Applications from qualified female candidates are encourage.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (Cover Letter, CV and Academic Credentials via email to email@example.com with CFA – KBL – 002 – Data Entry Intern – Kandahar on the subject by SVN-KBL-2023-124 at the latest.
Candidates holding an IOM contract, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account, and submit that with your curriculum vitae to the mentioned email address, applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
If you are looking for more UN Jobs in Afghanistan, click here!